Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess with guys like Ryan, Russell, Conroy etc people have seem them play in competitive fixtures and know what they're about.

With Daly, he may look really good in training but I doubt anybody has seen in play in competitive games, so sensible to give him a short term deal to allow him to "win" a longer contract.

If players following their new team mates en masse on Twitter upon joining a club is anything to go by then it looks like we're after Ryan Finnie. Right - back, ex Hamilton, Partick, Rangers and latterly Annan and Alloa.

who is this whopper !!! Daly is the new GMS 😂

Yes I believe Daly could play at a higher level. Have you been to any of the matches yet to make a judgement. Is it so bad to think we may have got a really good signing. Daly is a forward thinking player rarely gives the ball away likes to get forward and has already showed he's got goals in his locker. Similar to Liam watt but rarely plays a bad ball.

Aww your full of shit ...He's played gala and Clyde fucksake hardly a big test for him ....watt and GMS are never similar !!! Gms is a out and out winger with pace and skill and full of tricks watt never had any of that. not sayin watt was shite but never in the same boat as GMS ...

Make your mind up is he like watt or GMS ??

I believe Daly is going to be a similar find to Mackay Stevens i would want him on a longer contract as don't want other club stealing him for nothing in 6 months time.

Similar find = Quality at a lower lever

Daly is a forward thinking player rarely gives the ball away likes to get forward and has already showed he's got goals in his locker. Similar to Liam watt but rarely plays a bad ball.

Daly is a similar player to Liam Watt.

Two separate things.

The Cooper bashing becomes quite tedious when the person makes two good points.

He's played two games both against a very poor standard of team ...to compare him to some one who done it in our league and leagues above us is just stupid ...if he had said Ryan looks the part and could be a very good prospect since he scored 9 goals for Forfar last year and 2 for us so far then yeah a would agree but we have not seen this guy play at our level yet and could be a dud and league two might be his level... we just don't knw yet

and as for a similar find a don't agree every one knew GMS was a good player and it was his injurys that held him back and we where only dishing out 6to 12 month contracts at the time so we ended up with nothing for him once he was fit a playing well again .....where as we are handing out two year contracts this year to most players some players aged 30+ ....So why if he's that good have the club not took a gamble on him ?? He's being training with us long enough now for McBride to have a good look at him and give him the year or the two year deal then we can at least insure some cash for him if he turns out to be this great player he's made out to be after two games.

For me any league one player should be a stand out in these games against shit teams like gala and Clyde .... Time will tell and a hope he turns out to be a real find but at the moment Adam brown has bein the stand out in the two games and this is a guy who last year could not get in the team in league one and played mostly with the youth team

The only utter standout is Adam Ryan. Best striker we've had in ages and our main hope to lift us above the dross level we've been at for ages.

Adam Brown has started well but as said it's been against a poor level. He seems like a good attitude, coachable kid. The thing he needs to do on the evidence of the past few games and all of last season is continue to improve his decision making when in possession. His final ball is regularly underwhelming. But he can make that breakthrough as he seems like an improver.

Daly is no GMS, poor Copper cant help herself at times. But he does look good on the ball, reminds me a bit of John Davies style of play a generation ago.

I can see now why he McBride didn't jump in head first with Gow. The signing of Conroy gives us a completely different look and Gow would have eaten up a big wage to be at best a bench player. I suggested much earlier in this thread I could see us going 3 across middle of midfield based on keeping Faria and Fitz but the signings of Daly and Conroy, with the excellent looking Leighton and McLaughlin in reserve, make me wonder what is going to happen with Fitz.

Faria looked really cumbersome in the holding role. He was vocal on the pitch but he's so slow on the ground and his lack of agility and passing skills will cripple our fledgling build up play. Several times the goalie rolled out to Hugo and he's too slow to make a quick turn to play forward. I Trouble is, I'm not convince Fitz can do any better and I'd think Conroy is a shoe in now on that left sided role.

I've been a fierce critic last year, mainly because I hated Bollan with a passion and because King and EWB were absolute muppets. But TW is doing exactly what he said he would and whether lucky or not, McBride is already shaping up well as our footballing leader where it matters.

We still need a kickass centre half and a back up striker.

Similar find = Quality at a lower lever

Daly is a similar player to Liam Watt.

Two separate things.

The Cooper bashing becomes quite tedious when the person makes two good points.

thanks Kenny as you said i was not saying Daly is a similar type of player but a good find just as GMS was and I believe potentialy who could on to play at a higher level. Daly was similar to Watt that both can play centre midfield and like to push forward and are also creative but I find Daly could prove to be a better player than Liam as he rarely gives the ball away. Liam was a good player for Airdrie but he also gave the ball away at times when a pass was on.

You would expect daly to keep the ball an look good against a pub team and the gala ....but we have not seen him play league one football yet so no one knows how good he will be...

My point with brown was in the two game so far he has looked a very good player with lots of promise compared to the helpless young guy we seen last year...could be his year to shine or just that we have played very poor teams so he looks good witch in turn would make daly look good also

lets just wait and see how both cope up against partick and Qos and the rest of our league

You would expect daly to keep the ball an look good against a pub team and the gala ....but we have not seen him play league one football yet so no one knows how good he will be...

My point with brown was in the two game so far he has looked a very good player with lots of promise compared to the helpless young guy we seen last year...could be his year to shine or just that we have played very poor teams so he looks good witch in turn would make daly look good also

lets just wait and see how both cope up against partick and Qos and the rest of our league

20 pound Daly scores more haha than brown.

Archived