Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Crighton, Lithgow and Fitzpatrick are really all thats left.

From what I hear, Lithgow isnt working and may well take a f/t deal. The chairman seemed very fond of him at q+a. I have no idea why. EWB made Lithgow his main playmaker too.

I cant believe anyone in their right mind would take any of them on but what do I know?

Re the politics of it all, I'd think a few days will clear it. I do know from speaking to Cox, Prunty, Bain and a close family member of Watt's that the messages they receive are very mixed, almost to the point theyd all been led on. Not a good situation.

Also, very disheartening that in "The Black King" era we've managed to piss off two really good kids who should have had a future. Bad handling or deliberate?

As I've said before the bit for me is saying one thing and doing the polar opposite. I like lithgow, think he's came on in the season and his confidence will be pretty high just now out of the last few games which I'm pleased about.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately it happens in football, especially at a club in transition like ours.

Good to hear, hopefully see him playing for another team in the league next season. Undoubtedly will score against us.

If I ever become manager of Airdrie I'll give Coxy a call :lol:

Come to me to talk money then will you! lol

I'd like to see both Crighton and Lithgow stay on for next season. I thought they were consistent through out the season (some may think consistently bad lol) and were badly let down by the protection from midfield, or lack of it. The management would have to reconsider their plans for tiki taki football on our own 18 yard line approach though! I can't imagine there aren't signings lined up at this stage, so hopefully the next month gives us some good news to lift us.

I'd like to see both Crighton and Lithgow stay on for next season. I thought they were consistent through out the season (some may think consistently bad lol) and were badly let down by the protection from midfield, or lack of it. The management would have to reconsider their plans for tiki taki football on our own 18 yard line approach though! I can't imagine there aren't signings lined up at this stage, so hopefully the next month gives us some good news to lift us.

I've said before that I like both Crighton and Lithgow - I'd be content with them as part of our squad again next season. They are perfectly capable for this level and I've yet to hear anyone suggest a realistic replacement for them.

In terms of passing from the back, who knows if they're capable of it? We never had a midfield last season that was willing to show for them to develop any sort of consistent passing game out of defence. The squad will be working on all of this together 5 days a week, given enough time I see no reason why Crighton and Lithgow won't be capable of the style we're looking to play.

Of those left on the list unconfirmed I'm still hoping for MacDonald, Crighton, Lithgow, Stewart and Cadden to re-sign. I've got a feeling Brown will be getting a deal as well though.

Pretty happy with that. The only one on that list I was wanting to keep O'Neil.

I was actually hoping the list would be longer TBH. Hopefully we'll hear about the rest in the next few days.

Strange that the club haven't mentioned Watt leaving. Thought his name would be top of the list. Or perhaps they regarded him as left when he went on loan to Brechin?

Suppose technically McAleer and Morton were still on our books ? 

Yes, me.

In reply to EJF, if those two are still on our books then we're absolutely fucked. Doubt they are though.

I would disagree with 'slightly' annoying...

I'll text you tomorrow see if you are out for a beer at the weekend. I'm aware I owe you a score for the pl before you bring it up...

I would disagree with 'slightly' annoying...

I'll text you tomorrow see if you are out for a beer at the weekend. I'm aware I owe you a score for the pl before you bring it up...

Cool man. You know I'm right though. I'm always right.

Absolutely astonished at the number of meltdowns between here and FB, we all knew it was coming. Yes it is a terrible shame that the likes of Prunty, Lister or Bain or whoever your favourite may have been (Esposito?) is now moving on but think we need to at least wait and see who replaces them before we can say it has been a terrible decision. Lets remember that most of these players haven't even been able to help us into the promotion play offs for 3 seasons straight now so a change is obviously required.

Archived