Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who was it posted that there would be a few trialists playing today !

Honestly not part of the club at all, some trialists might play on Saturday not 100% sure tho.

Not that it mattered who posted it as the only one who decides is the manager but seeing as he said "not 100% sure" it wasn't exactly set in stone.

Friendlies mean diddly squat. Nothing we didn't know already before today. Pretty good going forward but need additions across the park. Desperately need another centre - half and another midfielder whilst a backup striker would be good. Bench is far too young. 

Agreed, friendlies mean nothing but we could clearly see a huge change in style and culture thay will hopefully be improved upon in coming weeks. We could also see a couple of areas of improvement needed.

Even after 2 games I can see a massive improvement, I will state now that I think McBride will be a good manager for us, something I was alerted to last year.

Now that the Black King era is over I have a warm feeling about this team and club again after years of being concerned about the tubes running it previously.

Style of play was way different from previous seasons when we seemed to revert to a flat 4-4--2.  We had  centre backs splitting when the goalie had the ball, allowing Faria or Conroy to drop to look for the ball and the full backs pushing up.  What about Hugo's 30 yd pass for one of the goals.  Also when all the kids came on they moved at pace and it looked as though they were used to playing together which is encouraging.  Conroy Daly Russell and Ryan all looked good (especially Ryan) and Brown too looked the part.  I hope everyone gives them a chance to gell and prove themselves

Agree that we have very good attacking set up.

From McBride's comments last week he had hoped to have made more than one signing by weekend. Obviously one at least hasn't come off yet. Hope it's a centre half.

There is still some doubt about Daly's signing. Has still not been announced on official site despite he saying clearance has come through.

Agree that we have very good attacking set up.

From McBride's comments last week he had hoped to have made more than one signing by weekend. Obviously one at least hasn't come off yet. Hope it's a centre half.

There is still some doubt about Daly's signing. Has still not been announced on official site despite he saying clearance has come through.

Will just be admin.

Last I heard his international clearance hadn't come through. He said on Twitter it came through on Friday, so presumably it'll be registered with the SFA tomorrow and announced when they confirm it.

Archived