Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounded like a nice turnout for Mark, hopefully tonight will be a success too.

A great signing in Conroy today, hopefully with him being with Russell last year the two of them can hit the ground running.

Guest LonglivetheKING

Haha we'll sort nothing out, YOU'RE better just sorting your life out!

*you're not your

This site is a disgrace. An interesting signing to discuss and all we get is a slagging match between religious bigots. Can you not start a separate thread for this and let this site concentrate on football?

The queens fans don't rate Conroy...say he don't like to run for the ball and games seem to just pass him by at times and he's done at Championship level ...that said he can hit a good free kick

Do we not all ready have two guys that do that just now in Hugo and Fitzpatrick ??

He's the best penalty taker I know of. Not many will have as good a record as him. I don't think he's missed a single one in professional football. Penalties and free kicks aside he's a waste of space.

God those last few years pages have been a tough read. Far too much nonsense being spouted and polluting threads and too much mudslinging and unnecessary personal attacks and people being unjustifiably worried about not signing players.

Conroy seems a decent signing on paper given he's played his whole career at a high level and is still relatively young. Hopefully that turns out to be the case.

Wanting to sign Alan Gow on the basis of how good he was 10 years ago and his performance in a fan game is laughable. He's been a perma - crock for years now. Perhaps the club won't offer him a deal unless he gets through the whole of pre - season injury free or unless he can handle playing in a competitive game which the club would be more than justified to do. I'm sure he still has natural ability but I'd much rather sign a player who can last a whole season that have Gow's quality for only half the season.

There's still more than a month until the league season starts and so plenty of time to add players. Thank God we signed someone today or else people would be going (even more) apoplectic.

The club are quite right to take their time signing players in the hope that they will get someone better although obviously a balance has to be struck between holding out for players and not missing out on other players who, while not our first choice, are certainly better than what's left.

Conroy could very well do okay for Airdrieonians, but he's had a pretty poor couple of seasons at Championship level.

I laughed when I saw the quote about him looking comfortable at left-back, and in the middle of the park, as frankly he's neither.

He can't tackle, defend, harry or pass particularly well, but he can cross a ball and take an excellent free kick, but that's about it.

Raith fans would have been okay with keeping him on a couple of seasons ago, but really weren't fussed he left.

Good luck to him though, he'll always be remembered for his opening goal in our 2-1 win at Ibrox.

Archived