Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I wouldn't believe anything written on the Facebook site or The Stomp. Both full of absolute zoomers and nobody who I've seen post any 'knowledge' about it is someone I would credit as a credible source. 

The guy who originally posted isn't a zoomer tbf.

How stupid can you get?  Whatever amount of money is being haemorrhaged at Ravenscraig, Caldervale, etc., would be diverted back to them.   They would still be allowing the same portion of takings that they're charging for rent.  
FFS!
And no one said they were buying it,  I expressed why I would want to see them unite the club and the ground.
Also, as they're selling the pies, advertising, hospitality, etc., their best interest would be to see the club thriving up the leagues - ie.,  selling more pies!

TW is paying out more than the club makes though. The whole reason we went to Ravenscraig and the leisure centre was for better facilities at less cost so again, there's nothing to gain for the stadium company. And the club gets the advertising money.

37 minutes ago, AFC1878 said:

TW is paying out more than the club makes though.

How do we know for definite?  He was the guy promising a 3 year plan 12 months ago and telling us all how clever he was.    If you read his articles all he did was indirectly slate the Bentleys.   And now they seem to have pulled down his pants and spanked his botty.

The whole reason we went to Ravenscraig and the leisure centre was for better facilities at less cost so again there's nothing to gain for the stadium company.

Not that it's relevant as clearly it's unlikely to be the stadium co,  if the club are paying Ravenscraig 1 bag of tatties a week, Stad Co would gain a sack of tatties for no outlay.   Surely?

And the club gets the advertising money.

Big deal,  it's all about the pies and everything else they make money from.

Biggest issue is that Stadco wouldnt shell out half a million or whatever to the Bentleys for a paper company that's otherwise worthless. 

The  silly season for rumours seems to have started early.( second one in two days ) There is another post on facebook asking if anyone can confirm that a meeting took place on Monday night with Gordon Dalziel representing Tom Wotherspoon where it was announced that next season the under 20's would be playing all their home games at Broomfield and the club would be reverting back to part time.

I just don't believe anyone would be so stupid to announce any of the above going into such an important game on Saturday with the possibility of play offs to follow.

In other news....

The Scottish Football Museum has developed a Football Memories initiative aimed at the older generation of football supporters. Over 30 Scottish football clubs currently support such a group and the trust intend to start one at Airdrie.
We plan to meet, initially on a monthly basis in afternoons, at the stadium.
The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for ‘senior supporters’ to initiate memories and discussion of the club and Scottish football in general. 
Fans with memories from the 1940s - 1970s are especially welcome.
Volunteers will run the group and the trust is looking for individuals who would like to support this initiative. Ideally 6-8 committed helpers could maintain this project. 
If you’d like to get involved, or get more information about this venture, please contact Willie on 07736 255472. 
Please share if you know anyone who may like to help out.

27 minutes ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

In other news....

The Scottish Football Museum has developed a Football Memories initiative aimed at the older generation of football supporters. Over 30 Scottish football clubs currently support such a group and the trust intend to start one at Airdrie.
We plan to meet, initially on a monthly basis in afternoons, at the stadium.
The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for ‘senior supporters’ to initiate memories and discussion of the club and Scottish football in general. 
Fans with memories from the 1940s - 1970s are especially welcome.
Volunteers will run the group and the trust is looking for individuals who would like to support this initiative. Ideally 6-8 committed helpers could maintain this project. 
If you’d like to get involved, or get more information about this venture, please contact Willie on 07736 255472. 
Please share if you know anyone who may like to help out.

Waysider?

34 minutes ago, waysider said:

Yes, timing seems even more far fetched than the first rumour. Are they going to tear up all the full time contracts?

Someone else suggested that it could be a hybrid system or that the club would just continue to pay what was owed to the full timers. The only part that seems believable is Gordon Dalziel representing Tom Wotherspoon.

Someone else suggested that it could be a hybrid system or that the club would just continue to pay what was owed to the full timers. The only part that seems believable is Gordon Dalziel representing Tom Wotherspoon.

I don't think that's bad idea, having a mix of FT and part time. Preferably I would have stayed PT last season - it was always too much, too soon for me. If means we can keep a few who actually performed.

As for GD - he can **** off and keep ******* off when he gets there.

Archived