Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Did anyone listen to the phone in last night? Anyone else pick up on Dalziels talking about liking a passionate manager who is going to stand up for his players when talking about the Lennon and Duffy scrap? Can just see MW sitting opposite trying to slide under the desk out of sight, wouldn't have thought much of it the first time round but he kept cutting MW off mid sentence to repeat his like of passionate managers, trouble in paradise?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Wilsons comes across as a wee sleekit c**t that would rather say things behind yer back than say it to your face,ah may be wrong but that's the way I see him

Completely out of order. He's not wee at all.

More telling was Wilson's comments about fan abuse which Dalziel was quick to turn into a joke.

Found it ridiculous that these two were commenting on Pedro wanting the players in 6 days because they were not performing while continuing their own mismanagement.

49 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy78 said:

Wilsons comes across as a wee sleekit c**t that would rather say things behind yer back than say it to your face,ah may be wrong but that's the way I see him

Unlike yourself, who will undoubtedly tell this to Wilson's face. Take your lawyer with you.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Unlike yourself, who will undoubtedly tell this to Wilson's face. Take your lawyer with you.

Always wondered about you Mr Sweetie wife.

I remember your first post on here was to have a go at me.   You said you'd never used a message board - after years of being a voyeur.   Now 12 months and 605 posts later you've killed us with blandness and endless sicophantic posts defending the folk killing our club.

Oh that's right,  you have every right to express an opinion...

You are a troll on here constantly trying to nullify any conversation.

Just my oppinon,  I have every right to one afterall.

2 hours ago, WeeDiamond90 said:

Did anyone listen to the phone in last night? Anyone else pick up on Dalziels talking about liking a passionate manager who is going to stand up for his players when talking about the Lennon and Duffy scrap? Can just see MW sitting opposite trying to slide under the desk out of sight, wouldn't have thought much of it the first time round but he kept cutting MW off mid sentence to repeat his like of passionate managers, trouble in paradise?

Can't bear to listen to the two of them on Clyde so I switch off now mentally, and indeed to avoid the old firm endless drivel from Derek. I do however like the quiz questions send in by listeners as I am a nerd.

7 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Always wondered about you Mr Sweetie wife.

I remember your first post on here was to have a go at me.   You said you'd never used a message board - after years of being a voyeur.   Now 12 months and 605 posts later you've killed us with blandness and endless sicophantic posts defending the folk killing our club.

Oh that's right,  you have every right to express an opinion...

You are a troll on here constantly trying to nullify any conversation.

Just my oppinon,  I have every right to one afterall.

Not worth going mad about this but just a couple of points. I was not defending Wilson but pointing out the hypocrisy of the poster slagging off Wilson in a nasty manner anonymously.

The other point is that I am not aware that I defend the people ruining our club. Maybe I can make my oppinion clear. While generally grateful to TW for taking on the club, over time I have become upset at the terrible mistakes he has made. As far as Dalziel is concerned, from day one I opposed the appointment and I challenge you to find a post which says otherwise. I'm not impressed by Wilson but it's not entirely his fault given his inexperience. At best he should be a number 2 to someone much better than Dalziel who can be bothered turning up to matches.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to get on with the ironing.

Sandy Stewart at the match today........ came down into the dugout with 20 minutes to go. Is he just helping out till Coyle gets a new job or is he standing in for Dalziel who was working at his proper job?

On 26/03/2017 at 21:11, DestroyedByMadness said:

Mensing in particular has been f**king horrendous.   McIntosh does not deserve to be benched, particularly for that.   The multiple failed clearances for the first and the poor attempted clearance at 3rd were awful.

McGregor is the latest fall guy so Mensing lives to screw up yet another day.  

Was good to see McIntosh get a deserved start and even better to see him score again.   His goal threat is almost as good as Crighton and Lithgow already, he's really saved his manager some vital points in the past month,  not bad for a player who has been very unfairly treated like shit by the gaffer.

IMO, we should look at a "McGregor, McIntosh, Gorman" back 3.   That's if Wilson doesn't dump McIntosh again.

50 minutes ago, #GSC said:

Wilson won't drop mensing no matter how much he f**ks up every week, they done their coaching badges together.
Imagine mensing coaching our future stars lol emoji33.pngemoji33.png

Another player who gets picked whenever he's fit is McKay. Further evidence of old pals act? Apart from the second half against Peterhead at Airdrie his contribution has been negligible. As someone else has pointed out he would be more effective if we had wingers crossing the ball but given the way we play he contributes very little.

Archived