Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

If airdrie want director of football so badly it should be in a role where they are involved more on helping and supporting the development of the younger players rather than saying their just making numbers up the bench and I would be very surprised if he has seen any of our young players playing so give them a chance Dalziel.

He said that was his role too, he works with all the players Monday to Friday and it's 100% up to Wilson what happens on a Saturday.

Again, we are yet to see the fruits of his labour. It seems the only time he sees the U20's in action is when they are playing at Ravenscraig in the afternoon, when he is there anyway.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, with tonight's result effectively marking the end of our season could somebody intelligent post which players are signed up for next season?

Without knowing this I'd keep the following players:

Rohan Ferguson
Sean McIntosh
Scott Stewart
Jordan McGregor (if released by Hamilton)
Adam Brown
Marc Fitzpatrick
Jack Leitch
Ryan Conroy
Andy Ryan ([emoji7])

Plus the handful of youngsters on the periphery of the squad.

We really need Mark Wilson punted ASAP and a new manager in place before the end of the season so we don't f**k up the recruitment like last season. It is imperative we bring in the right players next season. We simply cannot afford to sign up another Boateng and Gorman-esque centre half pairing.

My choice of manager would be Darren Young with Billy Stark as assistant.

Let's have a proper fucking go at it next season.

No excuses [emoji815]️

4 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

We simply cannot afford to sign up another Boateng and Gorman-esque centre half pairing.

We've lost 20 goals in 7 games since Mensing signed.

Boateng and Gorman were never this bad.

PS.  Young and Stark have the only team we are capable of beating at the moment.

Just now, Diamond Oracle said:

Mensing isn't the answer either.

I was only teasing with that.  Mensing and McGregor are a visible improvement on what we had but the whole team's tactics, defensive strategy, and execution are appalling.

If we give McBride a McGregor or Mensing back in October to replace the struggling Boateng then we are challenging Livi.

The problem isn't so much with the players but with the coaching/managing and, of course, the genius who pulls the strings.

The culling of McBride was vicious, cruel and poorly thought out.

I'm all for bulleting Dalziel and Wilson but f**k me, do we really want the mad genius lumbering us with another flop?

Hmm I haven't been at all impressed by McGregor personally.

Against Rovers he did not celebrate a single goal (apart from the 1st where Russell ordered the whole team to celebrate) Wilson barked at him during the game (I think for his attitude) and in general he gives the impression that he does 't really give a f*ck about playing for us. At least the likes of Mensing and Hutton have shown a bit of enthusiasm.

Think Young is holding out for something bigger than League 1. He threw his name into the hat for the likes of St Mirren/QOS and was unsuccessful. Never wanted the Alloa job though once he was at Rovers. You're FT I suppose so that changes it.

Can't say I'm surprised about Mensing, wasn't too bad at The Recs a few weeks back but he is very dodgy.

I didn't go to the game tonight so can't comment on the performance but that's yet another defeat and another 3 goals conceded. Wotherspoon has to take action now and get rid of the radio pundits as there's no sign that these pair can turn things around. Saturday's fighting display and victory is already a distant memory. This season has been a nightmare. 

57 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

So, with tonight's result effectively marking the end of our season could somebody intelligent post which players are signed up for next season?

Without knowing this I'd keep the following players:

Rohan Ferguson
Sean McIntosh
Scott Stewart
Jordan McGregor (if released by Hamilton)
Adam Brown
Marc Fitzpatrick
Jack Leitch
Ryan Conroy
Andy Ryan (emoji7.png)

Plus the handful of youngsters on the periphery of the squad.

We really need Mark Wilson punted ASAP and a new manager in place before the end of the season so we don't f**k up the recruitment like last season. It is imperative we bring in the right players next season. We simply cannot afford to sign up another Boateng and Gorman-esque centre half pairing.

My choice of manager would be Darren Young with Billy Stark as assistant.

Let's have a proper fucking go at it next season.

No excuses emoji815.png

Not a fan of MW GD dream team but why would a management team sitting 2nd bottom be considered a better option? 

46 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

I was only teasing with that.  Mensing and McGregor are a visible improvement on what we had but the whole team's tactics, defensive strategy, and execution are appalling.

If we give McBride a McGregor or Mensing back in October to replace the struggling Boateng then we are challenging Livi.

The problem isn't so much with the players but with the coaching/managing and, of course, the genius who pulls the strings.

The culling of McBride was vicious, cruel and poorly thought out.

I'm all for bulleting Dalziel and Wilson but f**k me, do we really want the mad genius lumbering us with another flop?

Agree with all of this except the last bit, give a decent manager some time to bed in

Was the loan signing of Jack McKay done as a favour or was it a genuine attempt to improve the team?

Our signings, assessment of players whatever are a complete joke and have been for years. 

The last time I checked we were the best supported team in our division, which is remarkable,considering the absolute rubbish which has been doled out over the years.So for Wilson to criticise the fans shows how desperate he really is.

7 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

Agree with all of this except the last bit, give a decent manager some time to bed in

Didn't I advocate supporting McBride more?   A guy who had started to make a silk purse out of the utterly ridiculous sows ear he'd been left by superKingy?

When have I never supported a decent manager?

17 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Didn't I advocate supporting McBride more?   A guy who had started to make a silk purse out of the utterly ridiculous sows ear he'd been left by superKingy?

When have I never supported a decent manager?

Think you may have misunderstood me.

i mean I'd get rid of Dalziel & Wilson just now to allow time for a decent manager to bed in till end of season so we're ready to hit ground running.

Said all along McBride should never have been sacked, this was purely for Dalziel ego

Hmm I haven't been at all impressed by McGregor personally.
Against Rovers he did not celebrate a single goal (apart from the 1st where Russell ordered the whole team to celebrate) Wilson barked at him during the game (I think for his attitude) and in general he gives the impression that he does 't really give a f*ck about playing for us. At least the likes of Mensing and Hutton have shown a bit of enthusiasm.

Would take competent over passionate every day of the week.

I wasn't there last night but this was a desperately disappointing result especially if you consider the state of disarray Brechin seem to have been in before the match.

I still think that some of our attacking players are good but we have suffered from chronically bad decisions on management which have destroyed a promising team. I pray that TW moves away from his pals and appoints a manager on footballing merit for next season. I hope he is working on this now.

One further gloomy thought. TW is in this to make money and I fear that if a decent offer comes in for Ryan at the end of the season he'll be off.

Your like ourselves last season bring in an expeirianced defender as manager then get humped week in week out ..With defence absolute shambles ... Managers need time though as Dods has proven...He was playing 5 at back this season

And we were absolute mince now hes tweaked it and we ve started winning again ... You guys ll get there 

I honestly give up with this lot, a management which is 100% useless and has a total disregard for the fans, a squad which is possibly the worst ever f/t team ever assembled, and an owner who must surely be quickly losing interest. Why as fans can't we catch a break for just a few weeks to let us recuperate? Since TW has taken over it has been relentless rumors, back stabbings, poor appointments and generally unusual signings (Schmidt, Morgan, Scullion, Daly, Sumsky, and Boateng to name a few). When is it all going to stop? Honestly I don't think it ever will and worry that TW will just turn around one day and say "f*ck this sh*t", take his money and leave.  

Archived