Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

If he walks, he's admitting he's a failure. If he gets the sack, Wotherspoon's admitting that he's made yet another mistake.

Besides, I don't think any manager, with any sort of experience would want to come in at this stage of the season and risk tarnishing their reputation by trying to do something with our lot.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he walks, he's admitting he's a failure. If he gets the sack, Wotherspoon's admitting that he's made yet another mistake.

Besides, I don't think any manager, with any sort of experience would want to come in at this stage of the season and risk tarnishing their reputation by trying to do something with our lot.

Imo A good experienced management team would get the best out of the squad, Wilson doesn't have a clue tactically as was shown today and imo has lost the players. Tw needs to act know to save the season from deteriorating any further.

7 minutes ago, Airdrie♢Diamond said:

McBride must be laughing from his comfy new position in the Championship.

Comfortable? He's an assistant manager who's team is fighting relegation. 1 point away from the relegation play off spot. 

If if we can somehow end up in the promotion play off (unlikely as things stand I know) you might get to see him. 

What a fucking laugh.

If anyone thinks this is a good squad of players, they're fucking deluded. Outwith Ryan, name a player that would get into a Livvy team? f**k, you'd struggle to name a player that would get into the Rovers team.

This mob are gash. The manager is gash. The DoF is nothing short of a c**t.

The experiment has failed.

Have been Airdrie fan since 1971, followed them home and away for most of the time since then including Prague in 1992. Doesn't mean to say that I have to put up with a wee oik like Barry Ferguson though. Fed up with assumption that we are (rhymes with guns and starts with an 'h') without the bus fare" and quite apart from that, his managerial record doesn't exactly impress.What we have at the moment clearly isn't good enough but do you really think that Ferguson would be any better?

It's time we not only got rid of Dalziel and Wilson but actually opened up the management recruitment process to applicants, interviews and appointed the best man for the job rather than treating our club as a 'jobs for the boys' market. Every appointment, King, EWB, McBride, Dalziel and Wilson have all either been pals of Wotherspoon or pals of each other. And all of have been a disaster. King and EWB talked a (laughably) big game but had totally naive and unrealistic expectations on how to succeed at this level, both in terms of style of football and building a squad. King totally messed up our recruitment and has a lot to answer for, for how bad this season is going. McBride just wasn't good enough. Some people say he should never have been sacked, or that it was harsh to do so, but he wasn't the answer and let's not pretend otherwise. Dalziel and Wilson are just as bad if not worse. We're an unorganised shambles with no game plan, no fight, no ideas, no shape and no urgency. A total mess. Our next four games are the Rovers, Brechin, Stenny (our bogey team) and Livi. I'm not sure where are next points are coming from TBH and I can see us totally freefalling down the league now unless there's change.

Dalziel should never have been appointed in the first place. He's a dinosaur who had been out of the senior game for 10 years and didn't even have a good management record in the first place. He's the exact opposite of what a director of football should be and the fact he pretty much said so himself on the radio is an embarrassment. As is the fact he is somehow allowed not to attend games. What a fucking joke. Wilson looks totally lost. Whether or not he would fare better with a more competent experienced head beside him is debatable but just now he just doesn't have a clue.

Barry Ferguson can get to f**k although he is Wotherspoon's pal so does fit the criteria to be our manager. 

Rumour going around on the Facebook group that Sandy Stewart was at training this week in some capacity.

It's time we not only got rid of Dalziel and Wilson but actually opened up the management recruitment process to applicants, interviews and appointed the best man for the job rather than treating our club as a 'jobs for the boys' market. Every appointment, King, EWB, McBride, Dalziel and Wilson have all either been pals of Wotherspoon or pals of each other. And all of have been a disaster. King and EWB talked a (laughably) big game but had totally naive and unrealistic expectations on how to succeed at this level, both in terms of style of football and building a squad. King totally messed up our recruitment and has a lot to answer for, for how bad this season is going. McBride just wasn't good enough. Some people say he should never have been sacked, or that it was harsh to do so, but he wasn't the answer and let's not pretend otherwise. Dalziel and Wilson are just as bad if not worse. We're an unorganised shambles with no game plan, no fight, no ideas, no shape and no urgency. A total mess. Our next four games are the Rovers, Brechin, Stenny (our bogey team) and Livi. I'm not sure where are next points are coming from TBH and I can see us totally freefalling down the league now unless there's change.
Dalziel should never have been appointed in the first place. He's a dinosaur who had been out of the senior game for 10 years and didn't even have a good management record in the first place. He's the exact opposite of what a director of football should be and the fact he pretty much said so himself on the radio is an embarrassment. As is the fact he is somehow allowed not to attend games. What a fucking joke. Wilson looks totally lost. Whether or not he would fare better with a more competent experienced head beside him is debatable but just now he just doesn't have a clue.
Barry Ferguson can get to f**k although he is Wotherspoon's pal so does fit the criteria to be our manager. 
Rumour going around on the Facebook group that Sandy Stewart was at training this week in some capacity.

Funny you should mention about Sandy. I'd heard this on Friday that he's "helping" MW now

Archived