Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, waysider said:

That would suggest to me that the Chairman won't be there. If I'm right it's a massive step in the wrong direction. No way can the others field many of the questions.

Don't jump to conclusions. I've organised this today via the medium of text message to various people from the Trust to the venue to the participants. It's the chance to meet the new mgmt....for the Trust to have an AGM in front of more than 2 men and a dog...for a club partner to get a few bob... maybe sell a few bits n bobs for Xmas...

TW owns a logistics company and it's 3 weeks before Xmas. Hopefully he will be there, but it's not guaranteed. The main thing was to get the date out asap so people have a wee bit of time to make arrangements.

Fingers crossed. My main fear is that he has had enough griping and has fallen out with the supporters. You will recall that at the last Q and A he made it clear that he didn't welcome criticism and there has been plenty of that since then. For me it's vital to the survival of the Club that he remains fully committed.

1 minute ago, waysider said:

Fingers crossed. My main fear is that he has had enough griping and has fallen out with the supporters. You will recall that at the last Q and A he made it clear that he didn't welcome criticism and there has been plenty of that since then. For me it's vital to the survival of the Club that he remains fully committed.

As I say, hopefully. Just haven't had a chance to confirm. Was originally aiming for week after next, but MW couldn't do that. 

11 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

I say well done on arranging a Q and A at this team year wouldn't be easy. Good on Wilson and Dalziel making themselves available.

Turns out it wasn't easy after all! I'll get my coat....

Hi everyone. Sadly we have to postpone the scheduled Q&A planned for next week until January. Scheduling conflicts with the 20's game, and a generally chaotic time of year for fans and staff alike, mean we have taken the decision to push back into the new year when we feel in hindsight it will be more convenient for fans and staff alike.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

5 hours ago, Evil Jim Fenner said:

Turns out it wasn't easy after all! I'll get my coat....

Hi everyone. Sadly we have to postpone the scheduled Q&A planned for next week until January. Scheduling conflicts with the 20's game, and a generally chaotic time of year for fans and staff alike, mean we have taken the decision to push back into the new year when we feel in hindsight it will be more convenient for fans and staff alike.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Not your fault, it is a busy time of year.

Two massive games coming up for us, in the next two weeks. I never really get excited about the prospect of playing Stenny but it's really hard not to get excited given our recent form. Hopefully we can keep it up!

Need to score at least two, as Stenny ALWAYS get one in the last five minutes against us.

Not worried about that though, we scored four at a hard place to go yesterday and some of our other attacking moves were outstanding. Sooner or later, somebody's going to get a proper cuffing off this Airdrie team.

Lets not get carried away.From what I have seen so far against Livy they have been the better team and were able to take their chances in the cup game.They are well organised and difficult to break down when ahead but I think we will have learned from the 

games against them stop their full backs esp No3 pushing forward cut out high pointless balls for Lithgow etc to deal with and play our own game and try to take our chances when ahead .We are the form team at the moment

I've been pretty impressed watching Mark Wilson's post game interviews on Diamonds TV. He's articulate but more importantly seems to have a plan and talks a lot of common sense. A bit early to say we'll competing for league honours but at the moment things auger well for the rest of the season under his stewardship.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 16:24, airdrieman said:

It's not often you can say you're looking forward to playing Livi but that game could be a belter in a couple of weeks. 

for you lot to get belted ;) 

Archived