Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/pitchside-fans-give-thumbs-up-to-new-murrayfield-experience-1-1815430

Does anyone think this could be tried out at football? Particularly lower league sides like ourselves, livi, Queens Park who are playing in big stadiums with attendances under 10% of the capacity? I know football and rugby fans have different mentalities but surely improving the match day experience for the fans should be a priority theses days. Means the ones who wanted to stand could.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe we will add 2 to 3 players in January to strengthen the squad. I am sure Wilson will have a couple of players in mind and both Wilson and Dalziel have contacts. 

Would love to be in a position to add 2-3. Just think if the inevitable happens and Daly's contract isn't extended your 2-3 becomes 3-4. Schmidt could also come into that category although he's on a years contract he's not great. Hopefully leitch gets an extension.

1 hour ago, waysider said:

Cooper. Do we have any money to strengthen our squad?

Nope but the chairman does and I would expect with a new manager in charge he will offer him the option of signing 2-3 players. The other aspect is new players being offered contracts could be offered 6 month contracts to the end of the season.

2 hours ago, carlukediamond said:

Couldn't make the game yesterday. But looking at the bench with only Stewart and Schmidt missing, will Wilson be in a position to add to the squad in January to hopefully sustain a challenge or will players have to leave !

I think it will depend on our position come January. I think Livi will continue their good run of form and I doubt Brechin or Alloa will go away. If come January we are, say 10+ points behind Livi, with Alloa and Brechin around or slightly ahead of us, the chances of us winning the league even with a few signings are pretty remote. Is it worth the money to bring in players only to finish in the play-offs which we'd probably do anyway? We need ensure we reach the play-offs, but beyond that the priority should be keeping and developing the players that we'll need next season to win the league, and identifying the right players early for next season. On the other hand if we are right up there then maybe it is worth just going for it. In January I'd expect Daly to go, perhaps getting someone in for him and then a couple of loan players to see us through. Given the way everything has gone at the start of this season, finishing 2nd or 3rd, with Ferguson, Stewart, Gorman, Brown and Ryan all with another year under their belt would be a good season for me, providing they all stay on next season.

I'm sure the board would have covered all the bases legally before he left the club.

Trying to piece a timeline together from the article it would suggest although a verbal agreement was made no actual contract was signed.
Black says he was ready to come back to work at the end of September, however other stories say he wouldn't be back this side of Christmas.

He also said he had been let go in September so why have an interview done for the live game against peterhead on the 15th Oct.

Something just not rite

It's been a red neck being an Airdrie fan since the day Ballantyne sacked Sandy Stewart and unbelievably been a hell of a lot worse in the last year.

Todays story scares the shit out of me on so many different fronts.

Firstly with Woleki.    Just collect your critical illness payout and enjoy your wife and family ffs.   Then find something within football that you can cope with.  

Then Iain King.   Love the fact that you're loyal to your friends but thanks for shitting on the fans. I know you aren't officially credited with writing that article bit we know it's yours.   Kick our club when we're down... thanks to the absolute f**king mess YOU left us in.

The Ballantynes?  You lot are getting dragged into it now eh?  From Weasel King making Ann Marie terminate the players back in May (because the Weasel didn't have the balls to do it) to Jim having to terminate the man who had a stroke. 

And now Wotherspoon.  Actually,  I don't know where to start.  I am so stunned with all the shite that I have no words for a change.

i think this could be the start of it, if true its maybe not a new management team that was required but a new HR manager/club lawyer 

Would expect more than EWB  to be looking to get paid up. Won't be surprised if Goram & McBride next. 

i think this could be the start of it, if true its maybe not a new management team that was required but a new HR manager/club lawyer 

Would expect more than EWB  to be looking to get paid up. Won't be surprised if Goram & McBride next. 

It's pure desperation from ewb to go to the papers, McBride was let go on the grounds the he wasn't taking the club in the right direction on and off the park, goram was just a goal keeping consultant, and if reports are true he walked away.

Archived