Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

11 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I like this post a lot.

You guys seem to be swaying from disaster to disaster. Surely this won't be Dalziel's job now? That would be a heinous act of snakery worthy of the likes of Fabian Delph.

Dalziel is just acting out a charade.   The agent who funds us and uses us as the vehicle for his dud players has a new manager stooge to come in.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you lot have been hating on McBride quite a lot but considering the past few results it seems quite a shock, no? 

I don't think anyone has been "hating on McBride". He was dealt a pretty shite hand and tried to make the best of it. I had a bit of respect for him for asking the fans to vent at him rather than the players, but in truth the players he had at his disposal were the problem. The experienced pro's we have at the club have failed to step up to the plate and lead the youngsters through a difficult time. The manner of some of the capitulations would be laughable if it wasn't so serious. However, I don't think there's a manager in the country who could shape that shambolic squad into anything other than an average outfit. If Andy Ryan get's injured we'll be in an immediate death spiral.

As others have said, this is ridiculous timing. A big match coming up at the weekend, the players starting to look a bit more unified then we shoot ourselves in the foot with a fucking bazooka.

The fact that this "rumour" was circulating on twitter last week, and that the players seemed to know, shows the hierarchy up in a bad light. The way Bollan was handled was poor and despite the assurances that lessons had been learned, it would appear that we're repeating the same mistakes again.

Whilst many people think McBride was out of his depth, most were willing to give him a chance and I don't think there was any bad will toward him. TW really needs to start making correct decisions now as we're an absolute laughing stock at the moment. 

We can assume this decision was made a couple of weeks ago, the question then becomes why wait until now? Because sacking McBride days after Dalziel was in the door would have looked terrible? Because they wanted time to line someone else up rather than having Jennow in charge for a few games? Will be interesting to see how the club spin it.

Would love to hear McBrides version of events.

rumours were Dalzell was wanting to coach & pick team but sit on radio while games were being played. 

Surely this isn't going to happen now. If so what yes man will be lined up to take the flak on a Saturday. Keevins ?

A few folk saying that Dalziel was brought in to force McBride out the door. When it became clear that McBride wasn't going to walk, they've been forced to sack him. 

It will be interesting to see if Dalziel turns up at Ravenscraig tomorrow to take the training or if it's a case of 'job done'

The way the chairman is going about his business is a joke. We get a good result at alloa TW then brings in Dalziel 3 days before the Peterhead game though we had 2 week break between these games. The players respond with back to back wins. I don't believe McBride was out of his depth he was inexperienced  and results were picking up and you need to look at the big picture. He didn't have his own coaching staff the majority of players he didn't sign and was told no loan signings. Can anyone tell me then why Scullion is on loan from Hamilton ?

I was behind McBride I was willing to give him time to get it right and the form was picking up. I will also say I think it's a disgrace the way the chairman has treated McBride and I think the majority of the players will feel the same way. I wish Kevin all the best.

The way the chairman is going about his business is a joke. We get a good result at alloa TW then brings in Dalziel 3 days before the Peterhead game though we had 2 week break between these games. The players respond with back to back wins. I don't believe McBride was out of his depth he was inexperienced  and results were picking up and you need to look at the big picture. He didn't have his own coaching staff the majority of players he didn't sign and was told no loan signings. Can anyone tell me then why Scullion is on loan from Hamilton ?

I was behind McBride I was willing to give him time to get it right and the form was picking up. I will also say I think it's a disgrace the way the chairman has treated McBride and I think the majority of the players will feel the same way. I wish Kevin all the best.

You keep on banging on about McBride not signing the majority of the players, so tell me who he's signed and who he's not signed.

11 hours ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

F**k Airdrie, F**k the owners, F**k alky Dalziel,  F**k alky Lennon, F**k Hugo Faria, F**k Bombscare Boateng,  F**k Alan Love, F**k Ballantyne for bringing those c**ts in,  F**k Iain King and that pal of his on here, F**k Blair Nimmo, F**k George Peat, F**k Alan Love again and F**k Alan Love.    And F**k Colin Paterson too, the f**king denying mouthpiece low calibre p***k.  And F**k McBride too.  And F**k that C**t from Hamilton thats advising too.   

F**k them all.  

Soooooo, we're on the fence about Alan Love then? :lol:

Archived