Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

On another thread East Fife fan said it was never a sending off. Pity about Stewart. Something like this was bound to happen sooner or later. Shame it is one of our best player. Wonder who'll be playing right back next week with McIntosh suspended. Cairns or the multipositioned Fitz?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, el Gringo said:

The foul...

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 20.51.38.png

As I understand it a "clear goal scoring opportunity" has to be denied so the Ref thinks the No 10 can evade No3 and shoot accurately past the goalie. In league One? I felt he was conned a wee bit by the No 10 as all forwards tend to do. Maybe he was evening up but Idon't think that happens. He was bad for both sides especially in that first half scuffle with Ryan/Fitzpatrick and their No 4

Difficult to say from a still image (as el Gringo will testify after posting another one last week), but it looks a harsh red that. From the refs perspective, his arm looks across the attacker, but you can't really tell what's happening with the feet from that image. However, Boateng was ahead of the attacker and could have, at least, forced him wide. Ref's got it wrong and it should be overturned on appeal.

In isolation I have no problem with McBride going. We've went backwards since the start of the season and although I really wanted him to work out, it wasn't happening.

Having said that, shiteing it to see who we appoint [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I know you lot have been hating on McBride quite a lot but considering the past few results it seems quite a shock, no? Speaking as a complete outside - with little to no information - it seems like he got a bit of a Raw deal. Signed as a player, unforseen circumstances seen him take charge probably before he felt he was ready - then that whole thing with Dalziel over the past few weeks.

I take it either Wolecki is back (Unlikely as you'd think he'd keep McBride on) or Dalziel is about to take over - if so, I hope it works out well but seems to be a bit of a shafting towards McBride if that's the case.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you lot have been hating on McBride quite a lot but considering the past few results it seems quite a shock, no? Speaking as a complete outside - with little to no information - it seems like he got a bit of a Raw deal. Signed as a player, unforseen circumstances seen him take charge probably before he felt he was ready - then that whole thing with Dalziel over the past few weeks.

I take it either Wolecki is back (Unlikely as you'd think he'd keep McBride on) or Dalziel is about to take over - if so, I hope it works out well but seems to be a bit of a shafting towards McBride if that's the case.

Shocked, but not in the slightest surprised. As soon as Dalziel was brought in this was always going to happen, just a matter of time. The slight shock comes because it comes on the back of 3 wins out the last 4 and the team finally starting to take some sort of shape and they clearly were playing for McBride.

F**k Airdrie, F**k the owners, F**k alky Dalziel,  F**k alky Lennon, F**k Hugo Faria, F**k Bombscare Boateng,  F**k Alan Love, F**k Ballantyne for bringing those c**ts in,  F**k Iain King and that pal of his on here, F**k Blair Nimmo, F**k George Peat, F**k Alan Love again and F**k Alan Love.    And F**k Colin Paterson too, the f**king denying mouthpiece low calibre p***k.  And F**k McBride too.  And F**k that C**t from Hamilton thats advising too.   

F**k them all.  

I don't think this is the wrong decision. 

Whilst not his fault, and I do have sympathy for him, McBride was clearly out of his depth. We've been poor for the whole of the season with the team making the same elementary mistakes every week that has cost us points. There hasn't seemed to be any benefit of being full - time at all so far and McBride as the man in charge of the first team has to take the blame for that. 

The timing is odd, though. It should have been done after the Peterhead game and if it had no one would have batted an eyelid. Doing it when we've won 3 of our last 4 games and when we have by all accounts been playing a bit better is strange. Had McBride learned his lessons and was now ready to get us into the play - offs? I guess we'll never know. 

Rumour for a while now that it's going to be Danny Lennon. Begs the question why he wasn't just given the job in the first place.

Somebody says on the Stomp it was supposed to happen last week which might explain why Russell and others clearly showed their affection for McBride. They must have known. As others have said, not a surprise but the way of doing it left something to be desired. Must have someone lined up. Hope Dalziel meant what he said about not going back into management.

1 minute ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

F**k Airdrie, F**k the owners, F**k alky Dalziel,  F**k alky Lennon, F**k Hugo Faria, F**k Bombscare Boateng,  F**k Alan Love, F**k Ballantyne for bringing those c**ts in,  F**k Iain King and that pal of his on here, F**k Blair Nimmo, F**k George Peat, F**k Alan Love again and F**k Alan Love.    And F**k Colin Paterson too, the f**king denying mouthpiece low calibre p***k.  And F**k McBride too.  And F**k that C**t from Hamilton thats advising too.   

F**k them all.  

I like this post a lot.

You guys seem to be swaying from disaster to disaster. Surely this won't be Dalziel's job now? That would be a heinous act of snakery worthy of the likes of Fabian Delph.

Archived