Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Surely I am not alone in finding it absolute astounding that anyone who was not a fan of airdrie or Peterhead would have any interest in watching highlights of our game or any lower league game that didn't involve their side?

Came up on the SPFL twitter feed so thought I'd give it a watch.

13 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Surely I am not alone in finding it absolute astounding that anyone who was not a fan of airdrie or Peterhead would have any interest in watching highlights of our game or any lower league game that didn't involve their side?

Came up on the SPFL twitter feed so thought I'd give it a watch.

Read the Tizer interview with Dalziel. From an outsider's point of view it is safe to say that the Chairman promised the fans the club would do this and that- in the end it turns out they have a bunch of kids who aren't good enough. So the Chairman needs to be seen doing something about. Airdrie will have do what they have done in the past (like many other clubs) sign loanees to shore up their season

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jarss said:

I was hoping McBride would have been out the door along with his coaching staff by now but not surprised with Dalziel just starting this week. 

In fairness Jennow was not picked by McBride to be his assistant. Andy Goram i doubt very much was brought in by McBride and Dalziel was brought in by TW at no point has McBride brought in any of his own coaching staff.

I've had my doubts from the beginning regarding the running of the club. In as much as we have a chairman who almost exclusively relies on 'pals' new and old to run his football business.

I sometimes wonder if he runs his M&H logistics like this, or is this style of management only for his pet project. Ballantyne was pretty much the same but used family members instead. Until we have leadership that relies on the best person for the job then I firmly believe that we will never see the best of Wotherspoon's aspirations.

I've had my doubts from the beginning regarding the running of the club. In as much as we have a chairman who almost exclusively relies on 'pals' new and old to run his football business.

I sometimes wonder if he runs his M&H logistics like this, or is this style of management only for his pet project. Ballantyne was pretty much the same but used family members instead. Until we have leadership that relies on the best person for the job then I firmly believe that we will never see the best of Wotherspoon's aspirations.

This - in 100 per cent agreement with you here.

Look who he said was his advisor when he first arrived... Colin McGowan at Hamilton.

McGowan was a director at Raith a decade ago and longer at a time when there was more front page headlines than back.  

Dalziel was a manager of McGowan's back then... see a link?

McGowan is of course a director at Hamilton and seems to be a charitable kind of chap.

Indeed, he's loaned us the magnificent Sumsky and young Scullion.   There are a few other Hamiltonish links on that front too.

Anyone does business with their pals or acquaintances.   Sometimes good, sometimes bad though.

Will Dalziel be good or bad?   

I'm terribly unconvinced.  Is GD's position just a case of finding a role for an old mate or is it more sinister?   KMcB's reaction seemed rather nervous and unwelcoming.

Does Dalziel's position mean that EWB is  no longer around?   EWB sounded in his interview that he wanted to do what Dalziel wanted.

Airdrie couldn't just terminate Eddie.   He has rights like any other worker.   Did Eddie's SSP time run out now?  

We have an interesting few days ahead. 

I've hated some of TW's decisions and judgement.  I'd love to have been in awe.  He's unfortunately been surrounded by morons (except his commerical manager and that complete an utter FOX in the commercial dept).   

Hindsight is great but every single thing he's done seems poor.    Was King a good choice?  King introduced him to Black.  Whose idea was this f/t idea at Ravenscraig?   We have this brilliantly constructed squad that's simply not working.   We have hopeless players on 2 year deals (Faria and Fitz top that list), we have kids on the bench that can't change games (for the better).   We sickened and lost better young players than we have now.   The list goes on.   

Forgive me for being skeptical of Dalziel.

We can only of be supportive of Wotherspoon.  Hopefully he'll end his losing streak asap.

Imo The so called football professionals at the club who have been in football for decades. How can they stand up and say boateng is a good player.

The central defensive partnership we have this season isn't a patch on what we had last year. Lithgow and crighton wether you liked them or not they were solid, scored a few goals, played every game, no injuries or suspensions, they were a no thrills defence I would gladly have one of them to play along side Gorman or both and Gorman as backup.

Archived