Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pesadilla said:

My mistake. Sure I read that and it wasn't corrected.

Pretty sure somebody put 2 and 2 together and got 5 because he wasn't at the Alloa game.

2 minutes ago, Wasps1 said:

My contacts  are telling me there are more changes to come At Management level !!!

Fruit loop

contact-lenses copy.jpg

What is there to review? It's pretty simple, we are further down the league than we'd hoped to be because our recruitment wasn't good enough, and we've had a youth coach in temporary charge of the first team. The youth results are poor, but any change in our youth structure will take years to come to fruition, so 'reviewing' it after a few months because we haven't produced the next Messi yet is pointless.

The whole thing is utterly bizarre. It looks like TW is going to make a few changes and will use Dalziel's recommendations as the 'evidence' that these changes need made.

From my knowledge of senior teams training - usually Wednesday is a day

off and Friday reserved for shaping your team - Goram would likely be

coaching young Ferguson at least two mornings a week.

I did work with the lad once a month at Toryglen when he was playing

with Bathgate and representing his national association. Found him

receptive in adopting a good work ethic and taking on various coaching

points. I did speak with EWB about working with any group of goalies

at the club for nothing prior to Hamilton/Goram coming in, but nothing

happened.

No one has ever been pilloried.

What looks like has happened is that some fans have had TW's card marked from the start and that's not on. Sure, there have been some bumps along the way and maybe things haven't been handled how they should've.

But the bottom line is TW is the man putting the money in. He is making the decisions, not us. It's to his credit that he does so and doesn't feel the need to vilify himself to the fan base.

Just remember, though, at least he is doing something to try and remedy the malaise. We had 13 years of silence from the previous regime when it was evident that the club was being used as a social tool.

I didn't have anyone's cards marked. I went off him when I realised I'd have better judgement when it comes to appointments after a full bottle of gin.

EWB, IK and then McBride. Jesus wept. It's not hard - you need a proven coach at this level than can organise a team to dig out a result in amongst the blood and snot on cold Tuesday nights in Brechin.

Not a philosophy.

52 minutes ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Not fair to say McBride is a youth coach.   He's only as good as the players he has been left with.

Sir Alex Ferguson (why cant he and big Tam be muckers?) couldn't make a team with Boateng,  Fitzy, McDonald and Schmidt work.

It wasn't meant as a criticism, it was meant as a statement of fact - up until the point he took over he'd only ever had experience of taking youth teams. He's then put in charge of the senior side during a huge transitional period.

Archived