Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Schmidt will do well on saturday providing we pass the ball on the deck which we have done on both first half performances against queens park and stenny. I am looking for the team to put in a full 90 mins of passing. Russell will be a threat as allways and im backing schmidt to score. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we needed a centre-half, and we've got one.  At 23, he's maybe not the experienced head we were hoping for (though of our defenders, I think only MacDonald is older).  He's obviously not cut it at Hibs, but we're hardly in a position to be signing players who have.  Good luck to him. 

Well we have been crying out for more depth in our defence so this is a welcome addition, never heard of him but then again none of us had probably heard or seen Liam Lindsay play a few years back so could turn out to be a very decent signing for the club. Very surprised that none of our ITK friends broke the news on this days ago.........

Happy with this signing, he is still relatively young and he must have something about him to have been at Arsenal. The other aspect i am happy about is that he looks a very strong player and has height as one of my concerns would have been that when we came up against Livvy we were a bit short of height within the team.  One of our last defenders to come from Arsenal was Gus Ceaser here is hoping the boy is every bit as good.

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Daniel Boateng :lol::lol:

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Daniel Boateng :lol::lol:

Can't resist..........Neil Lennon.....

now that's..............LOL...................

2 hours ago, Cooper81 said:

Happy with this signing, he is still relatively young and he must have something about him to have been at Arsenal. The other aspect i am happy about is that he looks a very strong player and has height as one of my concerns would have been that when we came up against Livvy we were a bit short of height within the team.  One of our last defenders to come from Arsenal was Gus Ceaser here is hoping the boy is every bit as good.

You are just guessing aren't you?  He's 6'1", is he taller than McIntosh - who he's likely to displace?

Like everyone else, I assume, I've never heard of the guy. I'm a little worried that he doesn't seem to have had much game time since leaving Arsenal but I can't imagine McBride signing him without having a good look at him in training. Anyway, he's entitled to a fair try.

Archived