Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe his only appearance for us was in that infamous game against St Johnstone where it was effectively both sides reserves/U19s playing against each other. 

He's not what we desperately need right now but would improve the squad depth.

1 hour ago, Diamond Oracle said:

I'm seeing we've pocketed £19k from finishing third, not bad. That would go a lot of the way to another full time salary for the year.

I doubt it would make any difference to the clubs plans. I'm sure TW has done his sums.

With a guarantee of £15000 for finishing last, many clubs will probably have included that figure in their budgets already. In effect, depending on how Airdrie went about it, you may just have a bonus £4000 to play with.

Any word on tribunals for Watt and Cadden? I admit I have little idea of how they work, but presumably they take into account, anongst other things, length of time at the club and estimated value. Watt was here a while but isn't really worth anything in the market so doubt we'll get much. On the other hand Cadden wasn't here as long but would be worth far more in value. He's started well at Livi so the longer it goes the more it may help us in terms of how his value was percieved. Either way can't see us getting a huge amount, every little helps though!

Dont think estimated value is a tool they use DaF.   They'd argue that if Airdrie thought he was valuable surely we'd have offered him a more valuable long term deal?  

How do we define value?   Watt scored 11 goals from 35 starts last season, Cadden got 3 from 35 starts and that included at least 1 penalty.     Overall we won 39% of our games.  44% when Watt started, 31% when he didnt.    We only won 33% when Cadden started, 47% when he didnt.    I know that lot of stats are subjective and there are other variables in there but who was more valuable to us in the eyes of a tribunal committee if they used percieved value as a tool?

Still, it's a pity we only offered him less than half of what our 2 star midfielders, at least one a sunken cost, are on?

15 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Dont think estimated value is a tool they use DaF.   They'd argue that if Airdrie thought he was valuable surely we'd have offered him a more valuable long term deal?  

How do we define value?   Watt scored 11 goals from 35 starts last season, Cadden got 3 from 35 starts and that included at least 1 penalty.     Overall we won 39% of our games.  44% when Watt started, 31% when he didnt.    We only won 33% when Cadden started, 47% when he didnt.    I know that lot of stats are subjective and there are other variables in there but who was more valuable to us in the eyes of a tribunal committee if they used percieved value as a tool?

Still, it's a pity we only offered him less than half of what our 2 star midfielders, at least one a sunken cost, are on?

I'm fairly sure the development fee seeks to recompense Airdrie for the "work" they have done with the player in the years between 15-21. I like the statistical approach, right enough.

Andy Ryan missing for QP game thru suspension.

That would explain why he was taken off early in the LC game to give Schmidt time. 

Let's hope Schmidt is up to carrying the attack.

Looking forward to the game.  Presuming Conroy, McDonald and Daly are good to go?

Maybe McBride will do something a bit more left field by going with same midfield again (conor, fitz and daly) with Conroy supporting Russell uo top and Brown out wide.

Archived