Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, FiddyPence said:

Signing a player based on a 45min performance is surely worrying isn't it not. The managers obviously done a great job scouting him

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we.

9 hours ago, FiddyPence said:

Signing a player based on a 45min performance is surely worrying isn't it not. The managers obviously done a great job scouting him

The boy is known in football circles, he's with one of those programmes  called "next level",  and he trained with us and had a trial match too before signing.     Similarly, Gordon McQueen signed Alan Lawrence on the basis of a game against us and he turned out to be rather decent.   

I'm not sure finding a gem and snapping it up is all that worrying tbh for a back up position.

18 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

When did I say that?

If you look back over your replies to me in April and May you seemed convinced I was him, but on reflection you were probably winding me up! :lol:  

12 hours ago, FiddyPence said:

So if Annan had signed him after Saturday then what.... Pass the sour grapes - he chose us over you. He's signed for a year so we'll see how he gets on.

He also played and scored against our 20s (manager: one K.McBride) last season.

If he consistently played and finished like he did during the second half on Saturday, he'd be at a bigger team than us. If he can produce performances like that every couple of games, he'll be an asset.

I have not seen Kevin player before, however reports from the Annan game were good. The boy didn't get a game at Stranrear however that is no big deal, as their could be numerous amount of reasons he did not get a regular game for Stranrear. The guy is still relatively young and is still learning the game, it is a great opportunity the club are giving him Full Time football and also learning of a player like Russell I am sure will only improve his game. The way the team is set up the now is encouraging and is similar to the model Hamilton had in place. You have a squad of young players with ability, mixed in with expierenced players who have played at a higher level, who can pass on knowledge to the younger players. i do not expect any of the young players to be the finished article but of what I have seen they have the ability to do well in football if they continue to work hard on their game.

I have not seen Kevin player before, however reports from the Annan game were good. The boy didn't get a game at Stranrear however that is no big deal, as their could be numerous amount of reasons he did not get a regular game for Stranrear. The guy is still relatively young and is still learning the game, it is a great opportunity the club are giving him Full Time football and also learning of a player like Russell I am sure will only improve his game. The way the team is set up the now is encouraging and is similar to the model Hamilton had in place. You have a squad of young players with ability, mixed in with expierenced players who have played at a higher level, who can pass on knowledge to the younger players. i do not expect any of the young players to be the finished article but of what I have seen they have the ability to do well in football if they continue to work hard on their game.

Credit where it's due, this is probably your best post to date.

There's a decent poster in there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, carlukediamond said:

Morton obviously fed up with championship football

To be fair, There is a footballer inside Mcaleer when he can be bothered. Most of the time he cant so whats why he was rotten last year. Full time might do him the world of a good! 

8 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Have to seriously doubt that he will ' screw the nut' punted by Thistle, East Fife and us after all.

Always thought he had the heart of a Gnat, or in simple terms, a bit of a shitebag!

Archived