Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think yours are after Ryan Wallace

I hope not. The front line actually looks good at the moment and should be supplemented with the likes of Reilly from the development squad.

He's not the position we need, he's expensive and injury prone. He's the opposite of what we need when we're running a small squad on a low budget.

Provided Andy Ryan isn't badly injured the last thing we need is another striker. This is the one area where we are strong and if there are only going to be 16 in the squad, we should be signing players in other positions.

I agree worrying times. This is pure speculation on my part but I think King's dismissal may have been partly at least because of lack of progress on the signing front. Did someone say that TW was on holiday? This may be delaying things further.

A bit worried that someone as inexperienced as McBride is being left to carry the can.

We have only 12 signed players in the top squad and the aim was to have 16. We must have some money left unless the allocated money was totally mismanaged. Fingers crossed.

I agree worrying times. This is pure speculation on my part but I think King's dismissal may have been partly at least because of lack of progress on the signing front. Did someone say that TW was on holiday? This may be delaying things further.

A bit worried that someone as inexperienced as McBride is being left to carry the can.

We have only 12 signed players in the top squad and the aim was to have 16. We must have some money left unless the allocated money was totally mismanaged. Fingers crossed.

Agree. Seems the owners plans are completely up in the air now.

EWB was brought in as a long term appointment to transition the club into full time football and he's presumably had very little input.

McBride is now in charge of the first team who has absolutely no experience. Nothing to say he won't turn out to be superb for us however it's a big risk.

Then we'll have a situation (presumably) where EWB will come back and "adopt" somebody else's team who are all on 2 year contracts. He didn't exactly fair too well last season when he adopted Bollan's team.

The last few seasons we've had our squad signed before any pre season games, this squads haven't brought much success and hopefully the plan is to wait until the manager knows his strengths and where we need to improve. However time is ticking on and the lack of communication from the club is a concern.

Do we know that EWB isn't involved in signing talks?  I may have missed some announcement about that, but if the plan is to bring him back in some capacity as he recovers, it would be surprising if he wasn't at least giving McBride/ King (until recently)/ whoever some guidance and suggestions in this. 

Why is everyone so hooked on rumours? Personally I'm pissed off that the rumour of Coogans coming back hasnt happened. The rumour of Gasparotto really was unexpected and unbelievable but that too has been a let down despite that.

I'd leave the rumours where they belong.

Archived