Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't go?

You're not a real fan.

I will be at every league and cup match this year. I couldn't get time of my work to go today or i would have went. I wasn't expecting our first freindly to be so early or i would have went to get idea of what players were looking at.

Just following the official site. Only newcomer I saw a trialists on the bench. 2 goals by Brown and 1 by Reilly. No idea who went off.

No doubt I will get slated but i wouldn't be susprised if a trialist is Wallace. I expect to get slated on here as like the actual team everyone has a scapegoat ie FItz and Hugo and unfortunatly for me I'm the scapegoat on here :-). before some folk say Hugo and Fitz are rubbish etc. Last year their was quite a few others who i would say were poor also.

No doubt I will get slated but i wouldn't be susprised if a trialist is Wallace. I expect to get slated on here as like the actual team everyone has a scapegoat ie FItz and Hugo and unfortunatly for me I'm the scapegoat on here :-)

Trialist was Jon Daly (came off the bench). Am drivin home soon so no updates tonight. Was like a 20s game. No gow, No McDonald, No Stewart

The trialist we had has signed and waiting international clearance so im led to believe. He looked quite good on the ball and a very attacking minded midfielder which is pleasing. thought the young lad mcintosh? Looked the real deal but you cant take much from these friendlies as we were up against a poor gala team

There's only so much you can learn from a preseason friendly like that, but I thought that we passed the ball reasonably well at times.  In as much as their was a show, Brown seemed to be running most of it.  Our three goals all came from good build-up play, and we could have had a couple more without the scoreline flattering us much.  

That said, Gala had chances as well - besides the goal they scored, they hit the woodwork twice, our sub keeper who came on at half time had two very good saves, and they had a reasonable chance in the first half - a good ball into the six yard box just too far ahead of their striker.  We need a tighter defence than we had on show today, as better teams will take those chances.  That said, I thought our right back, Higgins, had a decent game.

The other concern I had is that a lot of our players were quite easily muscled off the ball.  We need a more strength, especially in the middle.  

Thought mcintosh cairns Reilly brown were excellent today, bell and Higgins looked good as well as did Gorman. Stewart and McDonald are on holiday right now, not sure why gow wasn't playing. Kerr made a couple cracking saves in the second half thought he done well.

Thought mcintosh cairns Reilly brown were excellent today, bell and Higgins looked good as well as did Gorman. Stewart and McDonald are on holiday right now, not sure why gow wasn't playing. Kerr made a couple cracking saves in the second half thought he done well.

I'm enjoying the freshness already, the passing out (McIntosh is very classy). But it is weak and inexperienced, we wont play lowland league level every game.

I'm enjoying the freshness already, the passing out (McIntosh is very classy). But it is weak and inexperienced, we wont play lowland league level every game.

Aware of that, but training 4 days a week now can only get better with full time football. Clyde and Annan will be tougher opposition in the friendlies.

Archived