Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

I don't expect us to sign more than 3 senior pros. I am hoping Kevin pulls some good signings out the bag so far he has done well. I have noticed Alloa signed Parry, Spence, Longworth and graham from Ayr. I also seen Forfar have signed Grant Adam on a 2 year deal i realise some fans were frustrated Grant kept leaving the club as he was chasing full time football. I would have liked Airdrie to sign him. Ryan Wallace is available i would not be surprised in the slightest if we sign him ( so watch this space).

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crighton chose livi instead of us because he works for the sfa and we trained in the afternoon which would clash with his sfa work. Lithgow and cadden left basically because livi offered them about £30-£50 more than we did. No need to panic, I'd maybe start to panic if we hadn't made anymore signings by this time next week.

Have faith in the people in charge, Kevin mcbride was on holiday I think the past week or so, that's why there hasn't been any new faces.

Should be a few next week.

Livvy are full time also wouldn't his sfa work also clash with them.

I don't expect us to sign more than 3 senior pros. I am hoping Kevin pulls some good signings out the bag so far he has done well. I have noticed Alloa signed Parry, Spence, Longworth and graham from Ayr. I also seen Forfar have signed Grant Adam on a 2 year deal i realise some fans were frustrated Grant kept leaving the club as he was chasing full time football. I would have liked Airdrie to sign him. Ryan Wallace is available i would not be surprised in the slightest if we sign him ( so watch this space).

Wind up surely?

Wallace is a striker. Why should we sign him? This is the one area of the team where we are reasonably strong. If we have any money left we should be concentrating on a full back, centre half and creative midfielder players.

Wallace is a striker. Why should we sign him? This is the one area of the team where we are reasonably strong. If we have any money left we should be concentrating on a full back, centre half and creative midfielder players.

The two strikers we have the now can play left mid and Wallace can also play upfront and wide right, so far the vast majority of our senior players can play multiple positions. I think if you signed wallace you could have space for all 3 of them to be in the starting 11.

Is he a name plucked out the air or do have some genuine info? Don't know anything about him but fits the profile. Seems to have played a full season at Stenhousemuir but was released which doesn't fill you full of confidence.

Is he a name plucked out the air or do have some genuine info? Don't know anything about him but fits the profile. Seems to have played a full season at Stenhousemuir but was released which doesn't fill you full of confidence.

In all fairness the poster has been correct about a signing before, so i think it is genuine. The stenny fans mainly moaned last year that Malcolm was the weak link in their defence never heard anything been said about Murray.

Contrary to what I said last night, there may well be 1 or 2 more signings. One of the youth coaches I know was talking to Donald Jennow and he said they had a couple of players doing pre-season training so they could have a look at them. He couldn't say who they were though.

What was you opinion on him mate ? Murray not Cooper81

Here's some comments about yer man, posted earlier today in the Stenhousemuir FC thread:

Interesting stuff. Bomber gave an interview on the club website a couple of weeks saying Euan Murray had an offer of full-time football from a team in England and left to pursue that; it would be a little strange seeing him pitch up against us next year (albeit at a full-time side).

Murray's alright. He's a big lump of a boy, built like the gable end of a house, and he's very aggressive when it comes to aerial duels and 50-50s and the like. He can also fill in at left-back (and up front, where I believe he played for Clyde the season before). He can be a little too rash at times and his willingness to pile into all-or-nothing challenges can sometimes leave him exposed. He's also capable of making some horrendous mistakes - last season against Cowdenbeath he tried a dragback 30 yards from goal, lost the ball, and let them in to score, and in a game against Ayr United he made a square pass on the edge of the penalty area straight to one of their boys.

There's plenty to work with there, though. He's certainly got the natural attributes to make a success of himself. 

Archived