Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt it but their will be no loan signings before season starts.

Doubt it? See if our squad is failing and we get offered a quality loan signing for buttons you genuinely believe we wouldn't sign said player?

We really, really need to be focussing on a couple of midfielders who can pass and have a bit of nous. At the moment, this squad is not million miles from last years. If we play the same brand of football EWB appears to want us to then I'll need a spoon to gouge my eyes out.

Got a text on Friday asking if I was going back to the football this season. Truth be told I've been pretty bored with it for a couple of years, and I think a few others are too. Still, I suppose that's your lot when you're at this level and you've got to accept it and keep plugging on. Still be leaving when we go two down though....

At least things will be different this year personnel wise and I assume the young guys will be keen. Agree that midfield is a key area. It's very frustrating with no news as to other possible signings. Not even the usual ridiculous suggestions we frequently get on here!

At least things will be different this year personnel wise and I assume the young guys will be keen. Agree that midfield is a key area. It's very frustrating with no news as to other possible signings. Not even the usual ridiculous suggestions we frequently get on here!

As you say the midfield is they key area yet our main protagonists are Fitz and Shuggie. Boak.

I was told Hugo will be playing and training with the 20s this year and will be only be considered for first team if we are really short on players.

Just like you said that the chairman said there would be no loan players? You're fooling no one.

I said Lithgow crighton and bain would get contract offers, got told on here i was talking rubbish they were offered contracts FACT.

I predicted us making a big signing within 24 hours it was confirmed 3 days later Iain Russell.

I said their won't be any loan signings, have we signed any loan players no.

All I will say is wait and se if hugo plays or if we sign any loans players, wait and find out.

I said Lithgow crighton and bain would get contract offers, got told on here i was talking rubbish they were offered contracts FACT.

I predicted us making a big signing within 24 hours it was confirmed 3 days later Iain Russell.

I said their won't be any loan signings, have we signed any loan players no.

All I will say is wait and se if hugo plays or if we sign any loans players, wait and find out.

You are beyond parody. How the f**k could we make loan signings at the start of June?

Well said you left the first part out about myself being the only one on here that said crighton and Lithgow would get offered deals as well as bain.

Right so let me get this straight, you want credit for having inside information on very wide ranging and vague assessments on things that may or may not happen and then cherry pick the ones that partially come off and claim that you were the only person in the whole wide world who knew about it? Also you can't claim Iain Russell as the big signing you were referring to as you came on here and claimed Stewart was the big signing news and a massive coup for the club #awkward

Also I have it on good authority from someone very close to the club that we shall not be signing any players of Turkish origin and we won't sign any more strikers under 5ft 6in. 

Archived