Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to matters at hand...

Any news on the Ballantynes? I was of the assumption that they'd have chucked it by now and don't hear/see much of them in general club matters aside from the top two strutting their stuff about the hospitality deck of NB and telling punters "we're still in charge of the day-to-day running of the club".

Any news on the Ballantynes? I was of the assumption that they'd have chucked it by now and don't hear/see much of them in general club matters aside from the top two strutting their stuff about the hospitality deck of NB and telling punters "we're still in charge of the day-to-day running of the club".

who cares

Excellent.  you got to say happy clappy again.  Laughing with you, honestly

You're my fav happy clapper too. When you think things are OK, you treat any sceptic with derision and scorn. When things are shit (like the back end of last season) you disappear into the ether.

I like the obvious troll thing you've got there. Really works for you.

Who Stirling Albion god they still going

Listen if Airdrie finish above us I will shoot and kill myself

Bang Bang

I'll take promotion through play-offs if the end justifies the means here  ;)

Maybe not as effective as a couple of years back but Russell still a terrific signing I'd have had back at Alloa in a minute. Hopefully be a decent league next season.

Where's he been? Usually on here every 38 minutes asking for new players and voicing his concerns

The only reason asking for new players is because the cup starts soon and I want us to have a good team in place. I will probably get accused of being a happy clapper now, the signing of Iain Russell is excellent signing for the club. Next targets have to be a right back and a centre half and if their of the same quality of russell I will be very happy.

The only reason asking for new players is because the cup starts soon and I want us to have a good team in place. I will probably get accused of being a happy clapper now, the signing of Iain Russell is excellent signing for the club. Next targets have to be a right back and a centre half and if their of the same quality of russell I will be very happy.

It's like Cooper27 and Wasps1 are the same person.......

Boring James Milner

Away from Wasps1 there's an article on page 53 of the Scotsman today containing quotes from Iain Russell. He was on the point of resigning for QoS when we came in for him. He said that there was nowhere else he wanted to go. He's been an Airdrie fan all his life and wanted to play for us. He thought it would never happen.

Seems like an ideal signing. An Airdrie fan who is also a good player!

I've absolutely no opinion on any of our new signings as I've no knowledge of any players in Scottish lower league football unless they've played with us- let alone background knowledge of what team they supposedly support.

We are becoming the Celtic of the lower league where every signing seems to have to pretend to have always supported us as a boy in order to endear themselves- first Prunty, then we heard last season Cox was an Airdrie supporter now this boy Russel?

When asked at the POTY Anne - Marie didn't say with any degree of certainty that she'd be around next season. I certainly assume they don't have anywhere near as much control as they used to but I suppose JB is probably happy to stick around as long as he's not pumping his money into the club anymore.

Ann-Marie is still club secretary and is responsible for dealing with the SPFL, SFA and the other clubs and Gillian still does the lottery. The only way I can see that changing was if IK was to take over Ann-Marie's duties and they made the lottery part of the commercial manager's remit.

We are becoming the Celtic of the lower league where every signing seems to have to pretend to have always supported us as a boy in order to endear themselves- first Prunty, then we heard last season Cox was an Airdrie supporter now this boy Russel?

So which of those 3 players are pretend Airdrie supporters?

Prunty never ever supported Airdrie.

First I heard Cox was an Airdrie supporter was his missus posting on here how he was living the dream. Now I find out this boy Russell supports us? For such a limited fan base it would appear our young aspiring footballers seem to do alright....

Archived