Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

So the club website has "The Club has been working hard behind the scenes and we will announce more signing news at 10am tomorrow"

And from that Cooper81 takes

I think tmw their could be the announcement of a big signing.

More likely to be an announcement that Fitzy has signed back up. And Cooper this one's on me http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Their+there+they%27re+

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Ryan is a cracking player-Should do you boys a decent job over the course of a season. Scored one of the better goals I've seen in person too, away to Clyde in December. Go to 4:50 in this and you'll find it-

So the club website has "The Club has been working hard behind the scenes and we will announce more signing news at 10am tomorrow"

More likely to be an announcement that Fitzy has signed back up.

Fair enough but if we do make impressive signing today you are going to look stupid.

More likely to be an announcement that Fitzy has signed back up.

Fair enough but if we do make impressive signing today you are going to look stupid.

You can't say other people will look stupid if we do make a big name signing today just because you said so, will make you look eve worse than you already do (is that even possible?) if we don't! All you have done all week is post p*sh about how you were right all along about everything happening at the club ever, sorry but reading something on facebook does not give you exclusive rights to knowing what is going on at the club.........

Fitzpatrick isn't totally shite. The problem is that he's a functional but very limited player. Which is fine if you're willing to accept mid - table mediocrity (which is where he's got us the last few years) but not if you're going for promotion. We really should be looking to do better, especially in centre mid. And since we already have Faria I signed up I see no point in signing Fitzpatrick again TBH.

(Awaits the 10 am announcement saying Fitzpatrick has resigned).

Fitzpatrick isn't totally shite. The problem is that he's a functional but very limited player. Which is fine if you're willing to accept mid - table mediocrity (which is where he's got us the last few years) but not if you're going for promotion. We really should be looking to do better, especially in centre mid. And since we already have Faria I signed up I see no point in signing Fitzpatrick again TBH.

(Awaits the 10 am announcement saying Fitzpatrick has resigned).

There's no way we sign Fitzpatrick,   it'll probably be another ex. Rangers player.   There's no way Kingy or EWB goes with the same midfield, and they'll surely know that Fitz is not up to SPFL1 standard.

I'm guessing he's got McCoist in as striker's coach,  Durrant as midfielder's coach,  and Gough to work with the defenders.  

I don't know but I believe the club will make a big signing at some point and with the club saying their will be announcement at 10am tomorrow, I think it will be tomorrow.

:lol: :lol:  Fitz

There's no way we sign Fitzpatrick, it'll probably be another ex. Rangers player. There's no way Kingy or EWB goes with the same midfield, and they'll surely know that Fitz is not up to SPFL1 standard.

This is exactly why no one listens too you

I'm guessing he's got McCoist in as striker's coach, Durrant as midfielder's coach, and Gough to work with the defenders.

Pleased about MacDonald and Stewart. A 2 year deal for Fitzpatrick is mental. He's functional at this level but very limited. We should be looking to do better if we want promotion - especially in centre midfield. With Faria already signed up I don't see the purpose in signing Fitzpatrick. Both of them aren't really good enough and we've already seen that they cannot play together. But given that we'll be going a 16 man squad it's probable that they will.

Archived