Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's sort of my point. They would have realised about the Watt situation then offered him something to ensure compo. However, if Livi are the basket case everyone thinks they are (reportedly could go under for £7200 according to an earlier story) I cant see us getting anything apart from creditor status.

They'd get a points deduction though. Might be more helpful than the money (I doubt we're looking at a lot).

Surely they can't enter into a contract with them without paying compo first?

I've got a feeling I'm being naive here.

Exactly what we did with Eddie Forrest. If they can't pay they'll get hit with a signing embargo until they do.

Think there may be an announcement in the tiser?

You would hope it would be announced on the club website before the local newspaper.

Colin Paterson got us all excited earlier saying we are "very close" to tying up a few players as well...

Think there may be an announcement in the tiser?

any clues to what, out of all the possible signings mentioned. The one I would think most likely would be Ryan which I would be happy with. The rest mentioned i would be happy with also. I am just hoping we sign 4-5 players of higher calibre if possible.

I'm thinking that things couldn't get much worse than it has over the past 3 seasons. Regardless of who's fault it was Jimmy Boyles team was terrible and hurtling towards oblivion in the 4th tier. Bollan came in and saved us from the impending disaster but I don't believe he had the means to build a side capable of the playoffs. He ended up bulk buying from the discount aisle and he made a sharp exit when he realised his face didn't fit. The new management team came in, took over Bollans team and it was a total mis match of management ideas and players unable or unsuitable to put those ideas into practise. Now, I'm more of a believer of Bollans practical pragmatic style for this division and not a fan of the current managers style (EWB). However they appear to be giving themselves a clean slate to start from scratch and implement their ideas. Get rid of all the failures from last season and before and start again. Like TW said, no point in repeating the same mistakes and hoping for a different outcome. I'm not sure they are doing the right thing getting rid of the younger guys like Bain, Cadden and Watt but hey I'm not paid to make that call. Fingers crossed they know what they are doing and we are panicking a bit prematurely. It'll be an interesting watch next season. Apologies for rambling a bit but got to be positive as if they get it wrong we could very well be f####d.

I'm thinking that things couldn't get much worse than it has over the past 3 seasons. Regardless of who's fault it was Jimmy Boyles team was terrible and hurtling towards oblivion in the 4th tier. Bollan came in and saved us from the impending disaster but I don't believe he had the means to build a side capable of the playoffs. He ended up bulk buying from the discount aisle and he made a sharp exit when he realised his face didn't fit. The new management team came in, took over Bollans team and it was a total mis match of management ideas and players unable or unsuitable to put those ideas into practise. Now, I'm more of a believer of Bollans practical pragmatic style for this division and not a fan of the current managers style (EWB). However they appear to be giving themselves a clean slate to start from scratch and implement their ideas. Get rid of all the failures from last season and before and start again. Like TW said, no point in repeating the same mistakes and hoping for a different outcome. I'm not sure they are doing the right thing getting rid of the younger guys like Bain, Cadden and Watt but hey I'm not paid to make that call. Fingers crossed they know what they are doing and we are panicking a bit prematurely. It'll be an interesting watch next season. Apologies for rambling a bit but got to be positive as if they get it wrong we could very well be f####d.

Remember that the chairman has stated that he will give it three years.After which we may well have to go back to what you described under Bollan.

Archived