Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

Fair enough, but you've misquoted the bit about the website. Eddie asked for the loan players to be taken off because he wanted the squad page to show only players who were available for selection. Nothing to do with them not being here next season.

Considering the things credited to him including:

• his kid bragging about him taking over

• telling the players, when he took over in Dec, that there would be no over 26s

• the fiasco with Watt, alienating the player in the process when he signed Faria and announced Faria was "here to help puffychest" and same with O'Neill when he was dropped for useless Ferguson

• the above stuff el gringo states about airbrushing the loanees out

• the withdrawn offer to Cox

• the false hopes given to Prunty amongst others...

I know you can't make an omlette without cracking an egg but I'm not impressed with anything EWB has done or influenced.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are all of Airdrie's players for next season on One Year Deals? Or are Airdrie going to remain full time for the long haul even if they fail to get promotion?

Faria is on a 2 year deal coz he's pure dead brilliant and is the equivalent of a 28 y/o Scot. By end of his 2 years prob equivalent of a 29 y/o Scot. We shoulda got him on a 7 year deal as his passing wont deteriorate.

Again who's your source. How do you no that the money offered was a joke, which players have walked ?

Common sense should have told everyone the money wasn't going to be great. Again, crowds of 700/750 do not pay for full time football. And I don't think anyone ever thought TW would be chucking silly money at it.

We just need to sit and wait and see who signs - and then judge them on that.

Common sense should have told everyone the money wasn't going to be great. Again, crowds of 700/750 do not pay for full time football. And I don't think anyone ever thought TW would be chucking silly money at it.

We just need to sit and wait and see who signs - and then judge them on that.

True statement but what concerns me more than most, what happens if the 3 year plan doesn't work ?

I think best thing we could have done is held on to some experienced players even if they were on a part time contract and ensure the younger players were on full time contracts as their more room for improvement with younger players.

I can see the decision to go full time backfiring BIG TIME! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if some of the players we're hoping to attract opted to go to college or university full time or looked for a full time job with a view to playing part-time. I know what I would do.

It amuses me sometimes TBM, David gets fed up listening to me and I need some entertainment 😂😂😂

I'm genuinely not trying to be a twat here, so apologies in advance if it comes across that way, but do you really think you should be so active in participating in these conversations about contracts etc? David has been great this season and I hope (and genuinely think) he'll get sorted with a decent club. But I doubt prospective clubs would look well on his partner giving it laldy on her opinions on the club he's just left. Particularly as so many absolute roasters on this thread are constantly slavering about inside sources and the like.

Some of us more realistic fans warned of this months ago. Now we have an over reaction.

We knew what a f/t set up would/could look like. It had no other option of being a glorified 17s/20s gig plus a few late teen/early 20s released academy types.

We have had plenty of communication from the club but none of us, and even a lot of players by sound of it, have taken it in.

I'm genuinely not trying to be a twat here, so apologies in advance if it comes across that way, but do you really think you should be so active in participating in these conversations about contracts etc? David has been great this season and I hope (and genuinely think) he'll get sorted with a decent club. But I doubt prospective clubs would look well on his partner giving it laldy on her opinions on the club he's just left. Particularly as so many absolute roasters on this thread are constantly slavering about inside sources and the like.

As I've said time and time again, i, as well as Davids family have supported airdrie and I feel, whether people agree or not, that I have as much right to an opinion than other fans do. I paid my own and our kids way the same as everyone else and Davids family will continue to buy season tickets after he has left.

I have never spoke about Davids contract and my statement the other day was my own opinion and not one that I know of from "inside information". I'd disagree and say I defo don't "give it laldy" and maybe some just don't get my sense of humour cause I 100% don't take anything serious on this. If I did I could blow more than half of theories put on this on a daily basis clear out of the water.

I've followed and supported football long before meeting David and will continue to have a view of any team he plays with as well as my own team. You'll not be the first to think a woman shouldn't have an opinion.....

Wow 2+2=5

Where the hell did I say that????

Again, that was my sense of humour. Looks like that's hard to come by! I was being sarcastic lol. Without going back and reading every post I've put on here I don't think I've ever actively discussed contracts but u can let me know if that's not the case. As I said I did mention something the other day about what MAY have happened but was nothing other than my opinion, not an informed one

Again, that was my sense of humour. Looks like that's hard to come by! I was being sarcastic lol. Without going back and reading every post I've put on here I don't think I've ever actively discussed contracts but u can let me know if that's not the case. As I said I did mention something the other day about what MAY have happened but was nothing other than my opinion, not an informed one

Fair enough, like I said, my point wasn't meant in a derogatory way, it was just an opinion and while you were being fascietious, the tone of the rest of your post didn't match the joke, so you can excuse me taking it literally.

Fair enough, like I said, my point wasn't meant in a derogatory way, it was just an opinion and while you were being fascietious, the tone of the rest of your post didn't match the joke, so you can excuse me taking it literally.

Just the same as my post was my opinion. And like you said you weren't trying to sound like a twat, but you did a bit, so let's just agree to disagree.

Yip I totally take onboard that I can be defensive of David and yip again I can take your point that maybe what's happened to him at the club should be left within our own four walls. What I would say though was if it was your family member who was lucky enough to play for the team he loved and what happened to David (and I'll only speak about David) happened to your family member, would you have the same patience to keep quiet?

Whether it be with David or anyone else at all, my own view is treat folk with respect and honesty, don't blow wind up folks arses. That's the only point I've tried to make on here. I'll again bow out lol good night and good luck! ♦ï¸

Archived