Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2016

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said at Q and A 11.30 to 5. They will eat first then get some tuition and start training at 1pm. TW said they had taken advice on this and it is the best time of day to start.

Certainly not the traditional times but surely better than spending the afternoon at the bookies.

Makes much more sense to train in the afternoon as that is when 90% of games are played. Surely you want to get your body used to peaking at that time of day rather than 9am which is hours before any game is played. Sounds good to me. Far better thab the traditional 2 hours of training in the morning 4 days a week and then off to the bookies.

How's Airdrie's goalkeeper Neil Parry been? Is he any good? Because I've heard Clyde might be signing him!

Has a mistake in him, kicking isn't great but all round he is good and is more than capable of pulling of great saves a very good signing if you get him.

Parry was a decent shot-stopper, though a few bad errors early on in the season stick in the memory (they always do for goalkeepers, though, and you'll not get a keeper for the money we'd have paid him that won't have the odd brainfart).  His kicking was pretty woeful, though he seemed to improve on that towards the end of the season.

Maybe those that do want to sign have been offered deals have been given time to hand in their notice at their day jobs before anythings confirmed by the club? Just a thought.

Wow another brand new account whose first post is talking about players contracts, that hasn't happened AT ALL recently! No, wait...

Possibly, but did someone not say that at least one of the players didn't have a job?

The complete silence leads me to be suspicious that the rumour that the financial terms were so bad that they were rejected by everyone may be true. The club would undoubtedly be anxious to publisise any good news.

Hope I'm wrong.

Archived