The Scottish Cringe

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Independence supporters who proclaim we bottled it in the referendum rather than face the fact that Salmond blew it by backing a laughable currency policy (i.e. keeping of the currency of the country we are desperate to leave)

Scottish "comedy" post-Still Game - Mrs Brown's Boys, Gary Tank Commander, Limmy's Show and Bourniston (no way I know how to spell that pish)

People who use the terms enders or outsiders.

Independence supporters who proclaim we bottled it in the referendum rather than face the fact that Salmond blew it by backing a laughable currency policy (i.e. keeping of the currency of the country we are desperate to leave)

Scottish "comedy" post-Still Game - Mrs Brown's Boys, Gary Tank Commander, Limmy's Show and Bourniston (no way I know how to spell that pish)

People who use the terms enders or outsiders.

Eh?   :huh:

Scottish vines/Twitter etc - aye, not like Rednecks, Russians, or any other countries madbams ken how to neck back a bottle of aftershock in 10 seconds also.

Most Scottish comedy- Still Game, Burnistoun, Chewing The Fat. Absolute pish. Limmy is alright-ish although some of it is shite, but at least he's trying something.

'Wha's like us' - eh, lots of people. The Irish probably and they would have never shat it if given a chance at that ballot box. Also, the rest of Europe in drinking terms - try going to a Russian/Polish/insert Yugoslav nationalty wedding.

Glorious failure - celebrated in the past, and probably will again when pished.

Inventors - we should celebrate our achievements, and we invented it all apparently, but that was not years but centuries ago. The last thing we invented was the fucking deep-fried Mars bar. Let that sink in!

Saying all that, we are en-masse good/sound c***s - not many places you'll get folk apologising when they did no wrong or holding doors and saying 'thanks' for the task.

Still game is very very very good. That is all.

Limmy has some very funny sketches, but in equal measures has just about as many awfully unfunny bits.

Still Game is far superior. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an absolute fud.

The Scottish media and their attempts to link something Scottish to every news story. If there is some type of disaster for example you get things like, "Although none of the casualties were Scottish one did have a holiday home on Skye.", as if we are supposed to feel we have lost one of our own.

Also the likes of the Sunday Mail have a regular column in the Sports Section from an American Football player who was involved in the Super Bowl.

Of course this was an opportunity to say how Scotland would have an influence on this great sporting occasion even though the player in question left Scotland when he was a toddler and is probably about as Scottish as Thanksgiving turkey and pumpkin pie.  

The Scottish media and their attempts to link something Scottish to every news story. If there is some type of disaster for example you get things like, "Although none of the casualties were Scottish one did have a holiday home on Skye.", as if we are supposed to feel we have lost one of our own.

Also the likes of the Sunday Mail have a regular column in the Sports Section from an American Football player who was involved in the Super Bowl.

Of course this was an opportunity to say how Scotland would have an influence on this great sporting occasion even though the player in question left Scotland when he was a toddler and is probably about as Scottish as Thanksgiving turkey and pumpkin pie.

This isn't unique to Scotland. In regards to the NFL player.... Loved it

post-14721-14628316687467_thumb.jpg

;)

Also regarding Limmy, I caught a couple bits of an episode hear and there and thought it was genuinely terrible. Forced myself to watch an episode one day and while it was very hit or a miss, some of the characters had me pishing myself. Namely Jacqueline, Mr Mulvaney and Falcon Hoof.

Archived