The Scottish Cringe

Irn bru is shit. Warm diet irn bru is the only thing worse than Marmite.

I'm going to post this and run.

Irn bru,

Tastes like kiddies pop. The adverts are top drawer though

You two shut your whore mouths.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought of this thread watching Scotland Tonight. Discussion was about whether or not MSPs should swear allegiance to the queen or the Scottish people. Republican Alan Bissett suggested that it makes sense to swear allegiance to the Scottish people. Royalist Katie McGrath said "the Scottish people" wouldnt work. Bissett pointed out, "well that's what we are", to which McGrath stated, "but it doesn't sit too comfortably with some".

Scotland - probably the only country whose people aren't comfortable with acknowledging that it's either a country or that they're part of it.

Utter bore jobs who use scottishness as a replacement for a personality. This usually manifests itself in drunk middle aged guys on trains harassing fellow travellers with banter and whas like us pish chat, drunk middle aged guys at Scotland away games doing same, people wearing kilts on stag dos.

And this

Steak Pie at New Year gives me the major cringe. It's a "tradition" which was made up seemingly only a few years ago and it really annoys me.

All the "Hogmanay" nonsense in general and the silly traditions. It's a load of rubbish just let it die.

Crap like "The Steamie".

My mum brings us over a steak pie every year, and claims it's something everyone did when she was a wee girl back in the Forties. This would have been Ayrshire & Perthshire, so maybe it's a regional thing that's expanded?

Anyway, why are we complaining? Steak pie, FFS. Get it doon ye!   :D

Archived