The Scottish Cringe

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a nationalist I rail against the Scottish Cringe

Is a bit cringey.

Most of the things that people talk about as being cringey are just annoying and aren't restricted to Scotland.

Anytime someone dies.

The guy who died in custody at Motherwell police station yesterday led to a report in the Daily Record today where tributes were given along the lines of "I will fuckin miss you mucka" and "fly high my man".

Apologies if anyone knew the guy and/or if my observations have upset (genuinely).

Anytime someone dies.

The guy who died in custody at Motherwell police station yesterday led to a report in the Daily Record today where tributes were given along the lines of "I will fuckin miss you mucka" and "fly high my man".

Apologies if anyone knew the guy and/or if my observations have upset (genuinely).

This ,along with the wierd shrines that feature empty buckfast bottles and beer cans with candles stuck on top of them,topped off with rangers and Celtic jerseys tied to fences despite the fact the guy didn't support any of them.

Gaelic street signs.

No c**t understands them except that w****r who used to be in Dotaman.

ETA: Aidsy spelling

The Parrott was scary as f**k.

Scottish bars abroad are cringy. Why would someone go on holiday to get away from the shit here only to frequent a pub full of old football tops and tartan called braveheart or something just as shit for the duration of their holiday.

Was on the Edinburgh to Glasgow Citylink the same day as that 1 year anniversary referendum rally (I wasn't going) and as a Yes voter, the cringiness of associating with all those VLs was unbearable. Absolute dweebs to a man, and they were all men natch.

There's a wee fringe element of the Yes movement that basically seems like a political extension of the Tartan Army and it's mortifying to witness.

Apart from that, we're all fucking great.

The "only in Scotland" tripe that's usually said about something a little bit amusing that would happen in about 99% of countries. It's often spouted by absolute simpletons.

Archived