Next Dundee United Manager

204 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one man for the job. He's probably already applied and has phoned Baldy Snake at least ten times..........

Lomas_1772820a.jpg

At first I thought that was the EDL guy.

BBC saying we want McKinnon. Probably just conjecture, but if we do want him I'd hope we'd have the decency to shut the f**k up about it until Raith are done with the play offs.

Yeah, but they won't and they'll more than happy to see BBC Scotland running that story

They'll f**k up the relationship between McKinnon, Raith and their supporters - which is exactly what they succeeded in doing at Inverness.

Yeah, but they won't and they'll more than happy to see BBC Scotland running that story

They'll f**k up the relationship between McKinnon, Raith and their supporters - which is exactly what they succeeded in doing at Inverness.

Do you really think that anyone at United has any control over MSM or social media speculation? The fact that he's odds on favourite at the bookies means there will be speculation.

Behave yourself.

Do you really think that anyone at United has any control over MSM or social media speculation? The fact that he's odds on favourite at the bookies means there will be speculation.

I'm not talking about social media speculation.

Quote from the BBC :

"Dundee United have placed the Raith Rovers boss Ray McKinnon at the top of their wanted list to replace Mixu Paatelainen after the Finn's departure"

Do You expect someone will come out and publicly deny that McKinnon is the club's preferred choice?

Quote from the BBC :

"Dundee United have placed the Raith Rovers boss Ray McKinnon at the top of their wanted list to replace Mixu Paatelainen after the Finn's departure"

Do You expect someone will come out and publicly deny that McKinnon is the club's preferred choice?

Why should they? Even if he wasn't the preferred choice, it'd be ridiculous if they came out and said, 'Nah, we're not interested in him. All the best Raith'.

Quote from the BBC :

"Dundee United have placed the Raith Rovers boss Ray McKinnon at the top of their wanted list to replace Mixu Paatelainen after the Finn's departure"[/size]

That is a very carefully worded sentence. Are they claiming that quote came from the club?

Like I say the media will speculate, they want to appear ITK but never apologise when they get it wrong, as they often do.

What I will say is that the timing of this is utterly dreadful for us.  Taken some of the excitement away from what should be a very exciting couple of days for the club.  Really hope this doesn't affect the players. 

What I will say is that the timing of this is utterly dreadful for us.  Taken some of the excitement away from what should be a very exciting couple of days for the club.  Really hope this doesn't affect the players.

Totally agree. Mind you you might get promoted then McKinnon definitely won't leave.

If you're playing Dundee away the same day as we're playing Dunfermilne away I'll give you a wee wave in the passing.

Totally agree. Mind you you might get promoted then McKinnon definitely won't leave.

If you're playing Dundee away the same day as we're playing Dunfermilne away I'll give you a wee wave in the passing.

McKinnon will take it regardless of which league Raith are in next year.

Sorry Michael but I'm obviously not ITK. Can't imagine why a manager who has just had his team promoted (against the odds it has to be said) would decide to manage a lower league team.

I also think if McKinnon pulls this off he might get better offers than either Raith or United.

Sorry Michael but I'm obviously not ITK. Can't imagine why a manager who has just had his team promoted (against the odds it has to be said) would decide to manage a lower league team.

I also think if McKinnon pulls this off he might get better offers than either Raith or United.

Not ITK either but I'd be amazed if he turned it down. Not that I think it would necessarily be the best career choice for him.

If Mckinnon gets us promoted, there is no way on earth he will take a job at a club lower down with no guarantee of getting promoted. Not a chance.

Archived