Will Dundee United come straight back up again?

Promotion?  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think the recent examples of teams staying down are all you need to look at for that.

Yes, the playoffs mean it is easier to get out of nowadays, but I will be surprised if they finish above 4th.

Looking at it realistically:

- Massive discontent with running of the club, future uncertain.

- Manager will most likely go, chances of instant success from a new manager are very slim, especially considering other factors.

- Huge fall in attendances likely, especially if the season starts poorly.

- Fall in season ticket sales, especially if Thompson is still there.

- Fire-sale of playing staff means that the squad will be almost entirely comprised of new players.

- Huge budget cuts are essential and will impact the quality of those new players.

- A very strong league, especially if Hibs stay down, the only really "weak" teams being Dumbarton and the winners of the the relegation playoff (Ayr and Peterhead are very handy teams, especially if they improve)

If United don't take this season to consolidate and start fresh then you could well see what has happened to Dunfermline, Thistle, Livi, Hearts will happen to them, if they try to spend their way out of the league I can see them playing League 1 football within 3 years, I think we showed the you may last a few season and maybe even get back up again before it catches up with you.

If you look at the teams that will likely be there next season you have:

Ayr/Livi/Peterhead

Dumbarton

United

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Morton

Hibs/Killie

QotS

Raith

St. Mirren

I think they could reasonably expect to finish ahead of Dumbarton and the winner of the playoffs, we more than matched them earlier in the season and should have won, the only difference being fitness levels in extra time, we have also beat Dundee and perhaps should have beaten Ross County home and away and we are probably seen as the weakest of the remaining 7 teams they will face.

I think the Championship table will look something like this at the end of next season

Hibs

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

St Mirren

United

Raith

Queens

Ayr

Dumbarton

1/10,must try harder

Below Dunfermline and St Mirren?  :lol:

I've changed my mind, we will absolutely horse that division.

1/10,must try harder

St Mirren will improve. We were near enough equal when we played earlier in the season, you will get worse, we will improve.

Will be an unbelievable achievement if you go straight back up, but I doubt you'll even make the playoffs.

No, I think the recent examples of teams staying down are all you need to look at for that.

Yes, the playoffs mean it is easier to get out of nowadays, but I will be surprised if they finish above 4th.

- Manager will most likely go, chances of instant success from a new manager are very slim, especially considering other factors.

- Fire-sale of playing staff means that the squad will be almost entirely comprised of new players.

- Huge budget cuts are essential and will impact the quality of those new players.

- A very strong league, especially if Hibs stay down, the only really "weak" teams being Dumbarton and the winners of the the relegation playoff (Ayr and Peterhead are very handy teams, especially if they improve)

If United don't take this season to consolidate and start fresh then you could well see what has happened to Dunfermline, Thistle, Livi, Hearts will happen to them, if they try to spend their way out of the league I can see them playing League 1 football within 3 years, I think we showed the you may last a few season and maybe even get back up again before it catches up with you.

Ayr/Livi/Peterhead

Dumbarton

United

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Morton

Hibs/Killie

QotS

Raith

St. Mirren

I think they could reasonably expect to finish ahead of Dumbarton and the winner of the playoffs, we more than matched them earlier in the season and should have won, the only difference being fitness levels in extra time, we have also beat Dundee and perhaps should have beaten Ross County home and away and we are probably seen as the weakest of the remaining 7 teams they will face.

I think the Championship table will look something like this at the end of next season

Hibs

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

St Mirren

United

Raith

Queens

Ayr

Dumbarton

hahhah wonder what team you support...

Stfu

Ayr/Livi/Peterhead

Dumbarton

United

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Morton

Hibs/Killie

QotS

Raith

St. Mirren

Hibs

Falkirk

Morton

Dunfermline

St Mirren

United

Raith

Queens

Ayr

Dumbarton

:lol:

The Messiah surely on the wind up..

Be a good league next year I think, Hibs are staying doon IMO and Falkirk or Kilmarnock will be there too, add Dunfermline/Raith and St Mirren and it could end up pretty close.

If that was the case I'd fancy Hibs to win the league, Falkirk/Killie and United playoffs, last play off to whoever is best of rest.

Couldn't care less.

Minus potential cup draws Dundee Utd are now an irrelevance.

In pure footballing terms, you're absolutly correct, we have entered the abyss.

But to the Dee psyche, we will never be an irrelevance, no matter how hard you protest.

But to the Dee psyche, we will never be an irrelevance, no matter how hard you protest.

I agree. Much the same as we were always on your minds when we were 'DOON' and much the same as the whole "we're not bothered you relegated us at Dens" is a load of shite too. As has been proven on here and every other social media outlet.

Thank you.?

Linlithgow Rose competed well against County, they're a shoe-in for the Championship title IMO.

We beat Liverpool in a friendly once.  I reckon we'd definitely be top 10 in the PL.

We beat Liverpool in a friendly once. I reckon we'd definitely be top 10 in the PL.

Pfffft. We hammered Man City (then Champions) and Tankulic (Bae :wub: ) scored them both.

Champions League Semi Finalists right here.

They'd be fooked even with 2x 18 team leagues, sending them to places like Gayfield rather than just East End Park.

At least Lichtie wouldn't have to travel too far to see one of his big teams...

Think they have too big a rebuilding job.

Hearts had some good youngsters coming through which helped them massively but doesn't look like United do.

They'll make the play offs I imagine. 

At which end?

Archived