Will Dundee United come straight back up again?

Promotion?  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On the 2nd of May 2016 Dundee United were relegated from the top division of Scottish football.

What does the future hold?

Will they cruise the championship and get back into the elite after one season away?

Or will they Hibs it and struggle?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unknown factors at this stage include

Who the manager will be

Who will be running the club

What the playing staff will be

How many season tickets they sell

What level of budget cuts they make

Who they will be up against in the Championship

Kinda hard to answer that question right now.

Unknown factors at this stage include

Who the manager will be

Who will be running the club

What the playing staff will be

How many season tickets they sell

What level of budget cuts they make

Who they will be up against in the Championship

Kinda hard to answer that question right now.

It's not 100% scientific m9.

Ask me next May.

But I'm hoping TBS's warnings of doom, gloom and cuts was just his idea of motivation. If he sacks Mixu and enough fans take that as a sign of intent and buy season tickets, then yes we should come straight back up.

Depends who goes up in the play offs.

If Falkirk stay down they'll be title favourites next season. If Hibs stay down I don't think they'll be afford to gamble on big wages for another season.

Then you could have Raith in the mix, Morton could kick on and we finally adjusted to life in the league and Alex Rae looks as if he can do a bit of damage. Dunfermline are back where they belong and will be looking to challenge.

Really tough league, it depends how long it takes United to adjust. There isn't much scope for free flowing football and from what I've seen the United players lack fight. It's a 90 minute battle week in week out.

Tough league to get out of, so fair play to this year's winners since they are only four years old. 

As for United, there's a systemic problem in there that will take years to fix so they will be doing well to stay in the Championship next season.

Depends if and when Thompson leaves.

There's an air of negativity and conflict around the club which can only be cleared by Thompson leaving. If he goes early then there's the chance to rebuild. I disagree with the chap who says that there's a systemic problem. I'd say the problem is about relationships rather than systems. Clearly there are people within the club who don't get on and the relationship between the current regime and the fans is now beyond repair. If Thompson stays then season ticket sales will suffer, support will be grudging and every decision made will be greeted with suspicion. I don't think success is possible in that sort of atmosphere.

If we get a clean slate then there's every chance.

Love the fact Thompsons getting the blame for all this and all will be rosy once he leaves. Its hardly as if the club will be a draw for anyone to buy at the moment.

At least one season down, if the fans actually support the club. If they all continue to mewl and act as if they're above relegation then they could be down a while.

Archived