Happy 30th Anniversary

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May 1st 1963 - Dundee 2-0 AC Milan

May 2nd 2016 - Dundee 2-1 Dundee United

May 3rd 1986 - Dundee 2-0 Hearts

We seem to like the first three days in May...

I was nine at the time

I remember the living room radio being on and the commentary being from Dens. Hearts only needed a point but, I may be alone in thinking this but I reckon hearing Celtic were 4-0 up after 35 mins of their game affected them as they seemed very nervy from what I vaguely recall of the commentary. Ive watched the Sportscene highlights of their game and, after being denied an early penalty they hardly threatened Dundee at all

When Albert Kidd scored my dad, who is a very proud man and never swore in front of us leapt out his chair, shouting 'Fucking yes....fucking get in there' , the dog started barking like f**k and my mum ran through from the kitchen panicking thinking something was wrong.

I remember waiting up to watch Sportscene showing the Dundee v Hearts game that night, Scotsport had the Celtic v St Mirren game the following day and my parents had gone to the pub but my dad popped in about 9.00 with a copy of the Evening Times pink edition, they used to rush out an early evening Saturday edition with a brief summation of the days matches

Quite ironic Hearts were sponsored by Mita that season

They Mita won the league and Mita won the cup.......

....but didnae :D

Funnily enough I first heard that joke in May 1986.

I was nine at the time

I remember the living room radio being on and the commentary being from Dens. Hearts only needed a point but, I may be alone in thinking this but I reckon hearing Celtic were 4-0 up after 35 mins of their game affected them as they seemed very nervy from what I vaguely recall of the commentary. Ive watched the Sportscene highlights of their game and, after being denied an early penalty they hardly threatened Dundee at all

When Albert Kidd scored my dad, who is a very proud man and never swore in front of us leapt out his chair, shouting 'Fucking yes....fucking get in there' , the dog started barking like f**k and my mum ran through from the kitchen panicking thinking something was wrong.

I remember waiting up to watch Sportscene showing the Dundee v Hearts game that night, Scotsport had the Celtic v St Mirren game the following day and my parents had gone to the pub but my dad popped in about 9.00 with a copy of the Evening Times pink edition, they used to rush out an early evening Saturday edition with a brief summation of the days matches

Imagine leaving a nine year old in the house to go out drinking.

No wonder you turned out fucked up.

Archived