Stirling Albion Thread

How is Morrison looking for you guys? I notice he's been chipping in regularly with goals but how's he doing overall?  Someone I really like the look of anytime I've seen him for our development squad, hopefully he can keep it up and push for a place in our squad when he comes back.

One, if not best, player so far this season.

How is Morrison looking for you guys? I notice he's been chipping in regularly with goals but how's he doing overall?  Someone I really like the look of anytime I've seen him for our development squad, hopefully he can keep it up and push for a place in our squad when he comes back.

He has been simply outstanding. Im hoping Hearts decide to extend his loan till the end of the season.

I share an office with a few Hearts fans and I'll repeat what I say to them, the lad is a class act who has all the attributes to be a top player at Hearts. He's got it all and if his loan can be extended to the end of the season then I fully expect a few League 2 awards to be coming his way.

I know there is a big difference between League 2 and the Premiership so I'm not to sure how he will handle the jump up, but there is no reason why Hearts can' get him involved and give it a try.

He's a player to get excited about and one that has a bright future in the game, I really hope his attitude is one that takes him to these levels and not one that will always ensure he is "a good lower league player", like many before him.

1 hour ago, drs said:

Diamond Dave about to move to the Bairns?

In my opinion it's too soon for Dave Mackay to go. He has openly said that last season was a big learning curve for him and I'm sure he is still learning. I've no doubt that he will move on to a Full Time job and good luck to him when the time comes,  but I personally feel that this job has come too soon for him and my advice would be to stick around for another year or two and finish the job that has been started. I'm sure if he could get us promoted and into the top half of League 1 that he would leave with everyones best wishes.

Falkirk have a recent history of left field appointments, Eddie May, Gary Holt and even Steven Pressley all came out of the blue somewhat, so maybe they will be tempted to do it again. Time will tell, I just keep my fingers crossed for us that it's not Mackay and in some ways, I hope for his sake it's not him as well because the last we want to see is him to do a Moorey and leave the club just to fail.

14 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Mark Foden isn't very good and shouldn't be in the first team.

Agree don't understand why Cammy Binnie was dropped in the first place was it due to his error against Montrose or was their something ? 

Foden is  imo is an accident waiting to happen. Don`t have much confidence in him and that makes the defence jittery when trying to defend. Interesting to see who is in goals in the Cup game, hopefully Dave makes the right decision and puts Binnie back in goals. 

Agree don't understand why Cammy Binnie was dropped in the first place was it due to his error against Montrose or was their something ? 

All I can think of is the mistake against Montrose. Fair doos drop him for a game but Foden was pish vs Annan, can't quite work out why Mackay picked him for the Elgin game.

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Foden is  imo is an accident waiting to happen. Don`t have much confidence in him and that makes the defence jittery when trying to defend. Interesting to see who is in goals in the Cup game, hopefully Dave makes the right decision and puts Binnie back in goals. 

Neither goalkeeper has been convincing in the recent games and remember we have been shipping goals over a period not just in Foden's appearances. Neither looks great at defending high balls into the box and both have problems with distribution. There have been times when I was sure that Chris Smith left his boots along with the number 1 jersey for whoever was taking his place.

I'm not certain that Foden is making our defence more jittery, our defenders may have been making the two keepers jittery recently.

Mark Foden is utter shite. Discuss.

Have to agree Jake. I'm absolutely scunnerd at Dave Mackay's thinking on this one. As I have said before, I'm not totally convinced that Cammy Binnie is the future SPL keeper that many believe he'll be, but you could see straight from the Annan game that Foden was dodgy yet Mackay has stuck with him. Why? Who actually knows but it's cost him a couple of points and maybe even a cup place.

Have to agree Jake. I'm absolutely scunnerd at Dave Mackay's thinking on this one. As I have said before, I'm not totally convinced that Cammy Binnie is the future SPL keeper that many believe he'll be, but you could see straight from the Annan game that Foden was dodgy yet Mackay has stuck with him. Why? Who actually knows but it's cost him a couple of points and maybe even a cup place.

Binnie has hardly set the world alight but the defence certainly look far more comfortable when he is in goal. Binnie is vocal, Foden doesn't speak at all.

Surely that is the last we will see of Foden.