Stirling Albion Thread

15 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Conor Quigley any good?

Mmmmmm.....he's not bad, but he didn't do anything to suggest he was good either. IMHO.

41 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Sorry mate, but this is wrong:

"Andrew Black is also available in this role while Ross Smith; Ross McGeachie and Lee Hamilton will battle it out for the central berth alongside Scott Davidson."

Ross Smith and Ross McGeachie are our first choice Centre Back pairing. Scott Davidson will be pushing them. Lee Hamilton is a Left Back and if further cover is needed in the centre of Defence then going by the Betfred Cup games, Ewan McNeill will be the player used to fill in.

13 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Mmmmmm.....he's not bad, but he didn't do anything to suggest he was good either. IMHO.

Sorry mate, but this is wrong:

"Andrew Black is also available in this role while Ross Smith; Ross McGeachie and Lee Hamilton will battle it out for the central berth alongside Scott Davidson."

Ross Smith and Ross McGeachie are our first choice Centre Back pairing. Scott Davidson will be pushing them. Lee Hamilton is a Left Back and if further cover is needed in the centre of Defence then going by the Betfred Cup games, Ewan McNeill will be the player used to fill in.

Fair enough, I thought Hamilton was a centre back who could cover at fill back. Apologies for the error. 

17 minutes ago, dafcburty said:

Fair enough, I thought Hamilton was a centre back who could cover at fill back. Apologies for the error. 

No need to apologies buddy. Wasn't having a go. Keep up the good work.

It was the right decision in the end. His time here hasn't worked out and I just can't see how he was going to fit in this season. I would guess that he was one of our biggest earners, so it will free up some funds for Mackay to go out and either strengthen or to have on the back burner in case of injuries later in the season.

It's a bit of a shame how things have worked out for the lad, after a tremendous year at Berwick, we were all full of hope for him and were excited by the signing. His hat trick against Elgin brought higher levels of excitement and expectation but soon after that we could all see the way that it was going to end up.

I'm not sad to see him go, as I found him frustrating and at times a liability, but I wish him well in wherever he goes. I've been told he's a good guy who lives near the borders so wouldn't be totally surprised to hear he already has something lined up back at Annan or Berwick.

Mackay said he would only bring in if someone left. Hendo has gone, so I wonder if he's is thinking of bringing anyone in?

I hope its cover for either McGeachie or Smith, incase one of them gets injured or suspended.

Someone mentioned in our thread you's are signing Kieron McGachie ? played with us for a season about 4 seasons ago, the boy has flashes of a top class player don't know how he's been in juniors as long as he has.. bad injury with us and a fall out with Jim Duffy stopped him from gettin a massive club, I'm sure Celtic were lookin at him at the time and was approached by a league one team from England, one of my fav Clyde players of all time with the right manager I think he can be a massive signing 

3 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Someone mentioned in our thread you's are signing Kieron McGachie ? played with us for a season about 4 seasons ago, the boy has flashes of a top class player don't know how he's been in juniors as long as he has.. bad injury with us and a fall out with Jim Duffy stopped him from gettin a massive club, I'm sure Celtic were lookin at him at the time and was approached by a league one team from England, one of my fav Clyde players of all time with the right manager I think he can be a massive signing 

Don't know if there is any truth in this, but one of my work mates is a youth coach at Bonnyrigg and was raving about this lad (guessing it's the same guy) all last season. Apparently he scored goals for fun for them.

McGachie plays for my local junior team.I remember when he was with Arran and I wanted him with us at Clyde.Unfortunately when we did get him he was poor.With Bonnyrigg he has been nothing to write home about.Maybe the full Scottish breakfast at Dobbie's is not doing him any good.

Neil McLaughlin has signed for the Binos on a development loan for the rest of the season. 

Link.

Laddie has a very good chance. Prolific in the development league last season and continued that by bagging a hat-trick against Stirling Uni on Tuesday night. Can play through the middle or off the front in an attacking midfield role. Looking forward to seeing how he performs.

Edited by Armand 2

3 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Can't see him starting over Peaso tbh. But sounds a promising loan.

I think he may have been brought in to bolster the midfield with Dickson out for 6 weeks. With Peaso, Kav, DLS and Morrison we have strong attcking options.