Stirling Albion Thread

McNeil confirmed on twitter

I've posted it elsewhere but I'm delighted at the signing. McNeil has probably been the best Right Back I have seen us up against over the past 3 seasons so he'll be a good addition to the club.

Looks like that's the squad now complete (with the exception of a back up Goalkeeper), doesn't look too bad from where I'm sitting, but I can't help but think we'll need to bring a Centre Back in on loan at some point. I have every faith in Smith, McGeachie & Davidson but not to keep injury and suspension free.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

I've posted it elsewhere but I'm delighted at the signing. McNeil has probably been the best Right Back I have seen us up against over the past 3 seasons so he'll be a good addition to the club.

Looks like that's the squad now complete (with the exception of a back up Goalkeeper), doesn't look too bad from where I'm sitting, but I can't help but think we'll need to bring a Centre Back in on loan at some point. I have every faith in Smith, McGeachie & Davidson but not to keep injury and suspension free.

Think both McNeill and Noble have played central defence, so may have cover there, though I'm sure MacKay would prefer not to have to use hem there.

McNeil genuinely assisted about 10 Henderson goals in their final season together at Berwick. He might well be the key to unlocking more from the big man

I'd hope so, we've paid money for the both of them.

10 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

More importantly, anyone know where the receipt is?

Don't think we can get our money back after this length of time, just hope we see an improvement in him this year signs so far are not encouraging. 

McNeil genuinely assisted about 10 Henderson goals in their final season together at Berwick. He might well be the key to unlocking more from the big man

Fingers crossed that history can repeat itself then. I think Henderson has slipped down the pecking order with the arrival of MacDonald but I'm sure if he can show his "Berwick form" then he'll be back in. I've probably been his biggest critic since signing but it's a new season so it's a clean slate from me.

Anyone know the actual fee for Blair?

It was reported to have been £5k at the time. Not sure how true that is though.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Fingers crossed that history can repeat itself then. I think Henderson has slipped down the pecking order with the arrival of MacDonald but I'm sure if he can show his "Berwick form" then he'll be back in. I've probably been his biggest critic since signing but it's a new season so it's a clean slate from me.

It was reported to have been £5k at the time. Not sure how true that is though.

Rumoured rather than reported, really it was just guesswork.

Edited by AlbionMan

New Loan signing Mark Foden goalkeeper aged 21 from Ross County till Jan. 

Looks like Chris 'Junior' Smith has hit the Herbalife over pre-season and managed to get himself one of those dodgy Nigerian passports of you ask me.

Not the "experienced Goalkeeper to push Cammy Binnie" that Dave Mackay would have been hoping for but good to see us having 2 settled keepers and hopefully he can indeed give Binnie some healthy competition.

Welcome onboard Mark.

New Loan signing Mark Foden goalkeeper aged 21 from Ross County till Jan. 

He's the oldest looking 21 year old I've ever seen. He could honestly pass for 41. He's also technically dreadful, but he's been at the club for some time and clearly someone on the coaching staff really rates him. Ross County won the development league last year and he was a key part of that. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

He's the oldest looking 21 year old I've ever seen. He could honestly pass for 41. He's also technically dreadful, but he's been at the club for some time and clearly someone on the coaching staff really rates him. Ross County won the development league last year and he was a key part of that. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Think he's been brought in to sit on the bench and will have been told that. Mackay has already made it public that he wants Binnie to be number 1 which is why Chris Smith wasn't offered a deal.

He may have been on trial with Clyde during pre-season. We had a goalie who looked like him play against Raith Rovers and he was mince. However, as BB_Bino said, if he's signed as backup then I'm sure that's nothing too concerning for you.