Stirling Albion Thread

1 hour ago, WhoAmI said:

Don't get too excited. Nothing like the East Fife team which will start the season.

Strong (by our standards) starting line up for the Binos, and I promise not to get even slightly excited!

20 minutes ago, Momosupermo said:

Connor Mclaren was a trialist for Montrose last night. Was on loan at you guys last year. Thoughts? Looked good last night.

There are some comments on the previous page of this thread about him which pretty much sum him up I'd say, somewhere between okay and not good. He was on loan at Elgin the previous season, and think their fans thought a bit more highly of him.

Decent squad player would be my take on him.

Clyde have accepted a transfer bid for McNeil. Horrendous news for us, great news for Stirling.

Just read the statement on your website David. Must say that I'm absolutely delighted at the news.

I watched him play against us for Brechin a few years ago and thought he looked like a player who was too good for League 1, but when you only see a player once or twice, then you can't really judge.

I was surprised to see him rock up at Forthbank with Berwick the following season, but in the 1 and only time I saw Berwick that season, McNeil & Blair Henderson were absolutely unbelievable as they went on to beat us 3-0, but it could of been more.

The times I watched him play against us last season, earlier in the year (couple of draws from memory) I thought he was the best player on the park along side Easton and I remember thinking again, that he was wasted at this level. However, as you guys started to really struggle, I can't say I even noticed if he was playing or not.

Can't wait to see it officially announced soon, the final piece of MacKay's jigsaw?

56 minutes ago, Matty1945 said:

Wonder how much money we are giving them for him

Yes good question hope he turns out better than the last player we paid money for Blair Henderson :(, wish him well and hopefully he can help us get at least into the playoffs this season if so money well spent imo.