Stirling Albion Thread

We really need to sign a striker to replace Bikey otherwise we will be in trouble.

Henderson is not the one to replace Bikey.

Agree with that but saying that Henderson did okay in the first half, took his goal well but like the rest of the team disappeared in the second half.

Agree with that but saying that Henderson did okay in the first half, took his goal well but like the rest of the team disappeared in the second half.

Henderson all round play is alright, holds the ball up well and creates chances. Unfortunately when he's inside the 18 yard box he turns into a blind diddy.

Henderson all round play is alright, holds the ball up well and creates chances. Unfortunately when he's inside the 18 yard box he turns into a blind diddy.

Henderson sums up everything about Stuart McLaren's team in 1 signing.

He can't defend, he rarely scores, has little movement, is slow building up play but can normally make a pass within 5 yards.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Hope we sign a striker soon.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign somebody soon as clearly we are short in the strikers dept with Bikey gone and Ross Kavanagh out for at least another 4 weeks. Sure Dave MacKay realises that but where do you pick another striker like Bikey ?

59 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Hope we sign a striker soon.

I suspect......and it's 100% pure speculation....that we are waiting for a striker to come into a club before they send someone out on loan to us. I could be wrong but the fact that Mackay has known that Bikey was leaving this month and has not moved to secure a deal for someone else makes me think that we are waiting on something to happen.

With Henderson not hitting the goal scoring charts like he did at Berwick and Darren Smith being continually injured and having never been a regular amongst the goals, I really do fear for our "play off push" or "relegation battle" if we can't bring someone in who can hit the net regularly.  Must admit I am still stunned at the way things have turned out with Henderson and although I have seen nothing to suggest it will happen, I keep my fingers crossed that somehow he can turn the corner sooner rather than later..

I personally cant see Bikey coming back.

We need a pacey striker who can finish, not sure if there is many of them available though. Also have we not got the maximum amount loans you can have in a side?

Id also like us to sign a centre back.

3 out of the 4 Defenders in both games were signed by Mackay, only 1 was signed by McLaren (McMillan).

Amazing how much a difference Beith and Bikey made to us.

If we don't sort out that defence we have a very good chance of finishing bottom. Just need to hope Cowden and Berwick stay even shiter.

I really feel that unless we start to defend properly that the coveted 10 spot could be ours. Not only that the question mark remains on how are we going to score goals unless we will be getting at least 2 penalties a game.

This is the worst Albion team I have seen in years, we have been going on a downward spiral since McLaren took over and now that he's gone it looks like Dave MacKay just can't seem to find a way to turn around our fortunes. I hope he can do so in the coming weeks starting this Saturday against Montrose where the 3 points are needed more than ever.

Just a bad night at the office??
heard he's really good but looked terrible last night, admittedly only saw highlights of goals

Not actually seen the highlights yet. But Smith is a fantastic keeper so must've been a bad night at the office.

2 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

The second goal he made an arse of but extremely harsh to say he was at fault for the 1st in my opinion.

really??? I thought that was the worst , straight at him from 25-30 yds at perfect height. 

I like Stirling's Chris Smith; indeed he was in my team of the year for the division last year. However, he looked completely unfit last night, a wee bit tubby round his waist. First goal was superbly hit and I don't think he expected it, the second goal he was ridiculously slow in going down for. Seemed slow in coming to claim crosses and made a complete mess of a late through ball.