Stirling Albion Thread

Darren Young voted Manager of the Month for October and it was great to see that he wanted all his staff and the players involved in the recognition of the award. Yes, maybe the last couple of performances haven't hit the heights of the majority of the season, but it's great to see the hard work that everyone involved with the playing side is putting in, is being recognised.

Darren is right, and there is a long way to go but so far so good for him and the team, we're a long way from the team that KR left at roughly this point last season and that's down to him and James Creaney.

21 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Darren Young voted Manager of the Month for October and it was great to see that he wanted all his staff and the players involved in the recognition of the award. Yes, maybe the last couple of performances haven't hit the heights of the majority of the season, but it's great to see the hard work that everyone involved with the playing side is putting in, is being recognised.

Darren is right, and there is a long way to go but so far so good for him and the team, we're a long way from the team that KR left at roughly this point last season and that's down to him and James Creaney.

25 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Long may things go right for Darren.  We never seem to be firing on all cylinders when Jack Leitch is missing do we?

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Trying to put the credit for team performance on the twats who wanted the manager gone eh.   It doesn't get more pathetic than that.

No, just highlighting what most fans care most about, rather than the backroom stuff that has bored us for years.

We finally have a team that is playing well and winning games. I doubt it has anything to do with what's happened off the pitch. And who cares?  Apart from you of course.

3 hours ago, Gnash said:

No, just highlighting what most fans care most about, rather than the backroom stuff that has bored us for years.

We finally have a team that is playing well and winning games. I doubt it has anything to do with what's happened off the pitch. And who cares?  Apart from you of course.

Correct. The team performance has nothing to do with what's happened off the pitch, or what regime was in charge at the Dumbarton or Bonnyrigg Rose defeats for that matter.  That didn't stop you from linking the Dumbarton defeat to the former board though did it.  Nobody would assess the team performance stats by only listing 1 defeat, because it happened when the former board was in charge. Apart from you of course. 

19 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Correct. The team performance has nothing to do with what's happened off the pitch, or what regime was in charge at the Dumbarton or Bonnyrigg Rose defeats for that matter.  That didn't stop you from linking the Dumbarton defeat to the former board though did it.  Nobody would assess the team performance stats by only listing 1 defeat, because it happened when the former board was in charge. Apart from you of course. 

🤣

Point missed spectacularly. 

1 minute ago, TheWestStand said:

Some laugh

We're in a title/promotion race with a great squad and fans some fans still ain't happy 

I'm very happy with the team performance and one of the few people to applaud the team and the manager for it on here. That doesn't make the off field progress impressive..

I don't want to start any mad tit for tat or return to the stuff on here from long ago but is @WC Boggsright/wrong in what he is saying regarding sponsorship, accounts, Levein, etc? I genuinely have no clue as to most of it - my only real observation was that I didn't think it was particularly nice how Brown was bundled out the club, even if I did think it was most likely for the best. 

With living away from Scotland, I haven't been at any games since the home win against Stenny and looking forward to getting back over Christmas to catch a few games then. Hopefully we keep this run up and can win the league. Is Forheringham here for the season? 

3 hours ago, JMDPco said:

I don't want to start any mad tit for tat or return to the stuff on here from long ago but is @WC Boggsright/wrong in what he is saying regarding sponsorship, accounts, Levein, etc? I genuinely have no clue as to most of it - my only real observation was that I didn't think it was particularly nice how Brown was bundled out the club, even if I did think it was most likely for the best. 

With living away from Scotland, I haven't been at any games since the home win against Stenny and looking forward to getting back over Christmas to catch a few games then. Hopefully we keep this run up and can win the league. Is Forheringham here for the season? 

Fotheringham is on loan till January.  Hopefully his loan will be extended.  Dron & Dickson did pull their sponsorship. Levein, Colquohoun and Grant were all sought after to join.  The previous board will not be returning.  My best hope is that the present regime defy my poor expectations of them and the club prospers. There is no alternative  to them whether I'm unimpressed by their progress or not. 

We could do with Jack Leitch and Paul McClean back to be at our best, but the wheels are still on.  Tough game coming up, Annan are no pushovers on their game.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

One of our Under 13’s sides lifted the Central Scotland League Cup yesterday whilst the Under 14’s were beaten finalists. Not only is the Academy great for the community but delighted to see some success for the youngsters and for the club.

EE0D85A8-B34C-42B3-B4BA-0BB9EB2ED1AE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, scamp1909 said:

How has Kai Fotheringham gotten on this season?
Didn't think he'd been playing until I looked and saw 11 appearances.

Does he look ready for Championship/Premiership football?

You never know with that one until you try him out at the higher level.  I can tell you he's a wow in league 2 and Darren Young isn't dumb enough to keep a player of his quality on the bench.  He's been great for us and many thanks to Dundee Utd for letting him come here. He's only on loan till January, but I hope he's enjoying first team football enough to want an extension. He'd be a huge loss for us in chasing promotion, so fingers crossed.

Nobody kids ourselves that  he signed up with United for the joys of league 2 part time football. He's a temporary Godsend though and we'd love to have till the end of this season.