Stirling Albion Thread

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

I thought your chairman resigned. I didn’t realise he was removed by the trust!

The trust were after him and the entire board. There was supposed to be a mediation process, but no sign of it for weeks. At that point the head hunters got reappointed in a fresh election. Barely a day after that some old self damaging comments the chairman had made on P&B that had been trawled up, were released to the press by the trust board and the chairman had no other option to resign. In that sense he was removed.

Even without the comments, the chairman was on borrowed time from the day the war trust got re-elected under the fantasy that the mediation was in good faith. In practice no one was technically removed. They resigned, but all were being hunted by the trust board who's intent was to remove them.

It is only smart to seek to secure replacements for a board you intend to remove. What is not smart is to pursue that removal without the intended replacements being fully committed to join the club.

We are at present in an appointments limbo. The only clear outcome being the loss of our 2nd biggest sponsor and people sick of internal war taking a time out from attendance.  The war is over. There is zero point in fighting another one, due to the plan to have a board dominated by less than a handful of shareholders and 3 trust board members.  The membership therefore have no one to represent them in one, or any legal recourse to one.  

On 16/10/2022 at 10:27, BazMac said:

Good to hear Dale Carrick speak after the win.  In his interview he comes across as a potential future manager in a few years.

Alway like it when Ben can interview players, it bridges that gap between the dressing room and fans in my opinion. I've not bought a programme in a few years now, but assuming it's the same, there are no players columns or interviews in it and when the after-match interview is just the manager, the supporters can sometimes pick up the wrong opinion of the players involved, and this has maybe resulted in frustrations vented at them when things aren't or haven't gone well previously.

Anyway, delighted to be top of the league. I said before the season kick off that Young was probably the one manager in this League that knows how to build a team which is capable of being promoted but his summer signings were really a bit "meh" but that I had faith that he knows what he is doing, and I'm just delighted that the old board stuck with him over the summer when there were calls to remove him from a small section of our support. He's got the team purring away very nicely, the best front partnership that I have seen so far this season, and a team that are able to manage games, score goals and stay solid enough at the back.

Great to see 2 consecutive weeks where we have had a bumper support, that really adds to the feel-good factor and as Carrick and Dunsmore both said on SATV, the players get alot from that. 

Still a long way to go but if you can't enjoy us at the moment, then you really shouldn't be supporting the club.

On 16/10/2022 at 10:27, BazMac said:

Good to hear Dale Carrick speak after the win.  In his interview he comes across as a potential future manager in a few years.

Exactly what I thought! Although I was waiting for him to be asked...

a) about signing his new contract
b) given he's scored about as many goals so far this season as he did in the whole of last season, what exactly is making the difference.

Ben is a great talent and he has provided so much good stuff for the club, definitely an asset the club wants to hold on to but aye the manager interviews in particular are very very predictable.

Thoughts on today's game? Blair currie clean sheet? Pleasing for X to score? X opponent next week?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to hear the managers overall thoughts on the performance but I think the questions could be a bit more fluid in relation to what he has just said, as often he covers the points before the question is asked and then gets asked the question again anyway.

What might make a brilliant idea as I know the club twitter guy is on here too - maybe tweet out at full time asking for fans questions for the manager after game then the interviewer could pick a few to ask.

If you do read this Ben, keep up the good work, interviewing is a skill and you seem to smash everything you do out the park, so I'll know you will get there but yeah maybe time to mix up the questions

Edited by DavidMcG

2 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

Ben is a great talent and he has provided so much good stuff for the club, definitely an asset the club wants to hold on to but aye the manager interviews in particular are very very predictable.

Thoughts on today's game? Blair currie clean sheet? Pleasing for X to score? X opponent next week?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's good to hear the managers overall thoughts on the performance but I think the questions could be a bit more fluid in relation to what he has just said, as often he covers the points before the question is asked and then gets asked the question again anyway.

What might make a brilliant idea as I know the club twitter guy is on here too - maybe tweet out at full time asking for fans questions for the manager after game then the interviewer could pick a few to ask.

If you do read this Ben, keep up the good work, interviewing is a skill and you seem to smash everything you do out the park, so I'll know you will get there but yeah maybe time to mix up the questions

Yes agreed regarding Ben's excellent work, and hopefully he takes the feedback on board re interviewing. It's a tough job as official club interviewer where you need to ask certain questions but can't go too close to actual journalism! Suggested questions on twitter might work...after some matches. But you predict what'll happen when things aren't going so well!

EDIT - It doesn't help Ben that Darren Young has a habit of answering about 5 unasked questions in his first answer!

Edited by jsavage