Stirling Albion Thread

39 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

I find it interesting that Hugh G Heid as only joined the forums a few days ago and only has 2 posts.

Ironic, init 

Sorry no. Even that doesn't make him interesting, just seething.

Pabs could be huge for us next season, McGregor looks alot more calm with his influence beside him. 

Good start with the resignings just wished we could of tied Kurtis Roberts down to another year but hopefully he can kick on further up the leagues.

13 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

Paul McLean and Kyle Banner signed up for 22/23 

I was a wee bit sceptical of us re-signing McLean when people were saying they would, I just wasn't sure if the injury would take it's toll or even if the desire would still be there, however having watched him since his return, it just reminded me how good he actually is and you could see that the desire is still there and it's great to have him back onboard for next season. He's a class act at this level, and the whole Defence just appear to be more composed when he is around, so hopefully his injury nightmare is over as he'll be a big player for us next season. Glad to see Banner back as well, yeah he's not a flashy player or someone who'll pull up trees, he's prone to the odd error as well, but he's a hard worker, more than competent in Midfield and you need players in the squad that are versatile squad fillers. 

13 hours ago, BinosCammy said:

Good start with the resignings just wished we could of tied Kurtis Roberts down to another year but hopefully he can kick on further up the leagues.

Apart from Currie and McNiff, I hope that's it with the re-signings. With those 2 apart (Currie was my Player of the Year) I think we have retained the stronger players in the squad and players that Young can build and mould the team around. I don't know if Roberts was offered a new deal or not, but him leaving is no big thing for me. Some people seem to think he can "kick on further up the leagues" and you obviously fall into that category BinosCammy but I don't think so. Can he move to another League 2 club and be fine, yes, but League 1 or above, I would be surprised. I suspect he'll pop up at another League 2 club, Albion Rovers maybe (only thinking of location) or in the Lowland League somewhere, time will tell. 

Kurtis Roberts had a few decent games but I don’t think he’ll be a big miss. I’m assuming the manager has a few centre midfield replacements already lined up since he let Roberts, Grant, and Laird all go.

On 02/05/2022 at 23:33, BazMac said:

Ross Davidson has left East Fife.  Don't know much about the midfielder... except that Darren Young signed him for both Albion Rovers and East Fife.  Could he be on his way to us?

Not sure if it's been officially confirmed yet but it seems like Davidson is off to Stirling. If so, he should be a very good signing. He's missed pretty much all of this season through injury and we've missed him big time. Through his four years at us we were always noticeably better when he was in the team. Assuming he gets back to full fitness, he'll be a big asset for Stirling. He has a tendency to fluff the odd 'worldy' pass attempt but the energy and bite he gives to the midfield, allowing more attacking players the freedom to get forward is excellent at this kind of level.

He's the one player we've lost so far that I'm pretty gutted to see go.

26 minutes ago, Qweens parky said:

Binos cammy we don’t let this opinionated bore bring you down, football is rarely understood by the impatient fan, there’s so much more to football than running with the ball at your feet, a professional understands what I’m talking about, it’s like chess, it’s all about positioning, BB Bino does not understand the beautiful game, either do half the managers in league two

Chess is not all about positioning. It's about knowing your openings, concentration, tactics, tempo and experience. Try a comparison with a game you know something about.

On 07/05/2022 at 08:11, BB_Bino said:

Ray Grant returns to Clyde, surprised he has made the step back up but good luck to him.

Ray was outstanding for us, and no doubt Danny Lennon will be hoping he can re-ignite the player that left the club.

I take it he had a poor season for you guys ? Expected him to do much better back in league 2 tbh.

3 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

Ray was outstanding for us, and no doubt Danny Lennon will be hoping he can re-ignite the player that left the club.

I take it he had a poor season for you guys ? Expected him to do much better back in league 2 tbh.

He was pretty underwhelming but I think he missed preseason through injury, then came in, then got Covid, then we were generally awful for the rest of the season. Maybe he’ll improve back at Clyde. 

I have no axe to grind with Grant and I hope the move works out well for both Clyde and him. I suspect he has been signed on the back of what he did for Lennon and the club before, rather than what he did for us last season. I think I speak for most when I say that he had a poor season, which was a pity really because when he signed, I was excited to see him and thought he was going to be an excellent signing for us, but it just wasn’t to be.

All too often Grant would over play and the result was that he gave the ball away all too often. The final game against Edinburgh, I thought he was immense but that game aside, I can’t really think of another that he stood out for the right reasons. Off the ball, he was rash at times and on the ball pretty ineffective, which was surprising.

Anyway, maybe a return to Clyde or a return to playing under Lennon is what he needs, good luck to him but I doubt he’ll be missed by any of the supporters here.

40 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

All too often Grant would over play and the result was that he gave the ball away all too often.

That's a very surprising thing to read considering he was quite the opposite in his first spell at Clyde! Simple and effective and read the game very well to make up for his lack of physicality. 

Grant suffered from having to do the job of the whole midfield who were pretty much posted missing every week from November onwards.   Rather than strolling around linking up the play from back to front he usually found himself the fifth panic-stricken defender drafted into Alamo type defending as the front 5 all took the afternoon off.  

Even from the stand you could sense his frustration. 

16 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

John Daly steps down 

Yes he has. He's had enough. 

Still to come, decapitation of the exec by voting out the chairman.

No doubt followed by Colin Rowley resigning.  In fact, called on to resign by an Email from the Trust board, for the unforgiveable sin of having the decency and integrity to support his colleague and accept co accountability for board decisions. The Trust board just decided the membership didn't need to know they did that!

That leaves a maximum of 3 Exec board members left, assuming Lorri doesn't go as well.

All that's left is the resolution to amalgamate the boards and if passed, you have a complete takeover of operational decisions and director appointments by the Trust board.  You'd almost think somebody had planned it that way.  Yet it's the Exec who gets accused of a power grab. That's what people are really being asked to vote for. Good luck with that campers.

18 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Yes he has. He's had enough. 

Still to come, decapitation of the exec by voting out the chairman.

No doubt followed by Colin Rowley resigning.  In fact, called on to resign by an Email from the Trust board, for the unforgiveable sin of having the decency and integrity to support his colleague and accept co accountability for board decisions. The Trust board just decided the membership didn't need to know they did that!

That leaves a maximum of 3 Exec board members left, assuming Lorri doesn't go as well.

All that's left is the resolution to amalgamate the boards and if passed, you have a complete takeover of operational decisions and director appointments by the Trust board.  You'd almost think somebody had planned it that way.  Yet it's the Exec who gets accused of a power grab. That's what people are really being asked to vote for. Good luck with that campers.

Well that`s one of my resolutions dealt with, lets hope Stuart Brown is next to go. POWER GRAB ? maybe I missed something here, is the Trust owners of the CLUB. ? 

29 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Well that`s one of my resolutions dealt with, lets hope Stuart Brown is next to go. POWER GRAB ? maybe I missed something here, is the Trust owners of the CLUB. ? 

Yes the Trust are owners of the club. That is why they have a right to to be made fully aware, that voting for your remaining resolutions will give the Trust board control of the operational side of the club.  Of course you are aware of that yourself. It's the membership you want kept unaware.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Yes the Trust are owners of the club. That is why they have a right to to be made fully aware, that voting for your remaining resolutions will give the Trust board control of the operational side of the club.  Of course you are aware of that yourself. It's the membership you want kept unaware.

You do need to get a better script writer, the one you use is still having you peddle his half truths, untruths and evasions for our consumption.

It has not been and is not the intention of the trust board to interfere in the operational management of the club, but they do expect the executive committee to be accountable to the majority shareholder through the trust board and to provide regular quarterly updates on the business performance of the club, accept an overview of team management and Club Board appointments and of annual budgets and business plan. As the elected representatives of  the majority owner the trust board would be failing in their duty if this is not insisted upon. As an intimate of the executive committee you will be fully aware that for the last four years the chairman has resisted all attempts to introduce such transparency into his committee's dealings with the shareholders.