Stirling Albion Thread

17 minutes ago, Binos said:

Montrose are third in league 1

Arbroath are top of the championship 

I think your a bit confused. I possibly share your frustration, but teams are in a particular league for a reason. Would I like to see League one football at Forthbank? Yes. Would I like to see Championship football at Forthbank? Definitely. 

We the fans have blamed players, managers, boards, 2 off, Council and yes the weather.  Perhaps the problem is nearer to home than we think. Chances are we will limp on for the remainder of the season and regroup refreshed for 22/23.

Whither that is in League 1 hee, hee,hee. League 2 or Lowland league makes little difference.

13 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

Perhaps the problem is nearer to home than we think.

You may well be right.  Lack of finance certainly is not the problem.  The accounts to 31 May 2021 were published this week which included a figure of nearly £300k in cash assets!  I suggest that few, if any, clubs at our level can boast of such a cash-rich state.

Since then we have had the benefit of cash from the Rangers FC game - gate share and TV.

Whatever the problem it seems to be very deep-seated.  There needs to be a wholesale review (yes, an inquest) involving club and trust boards and fans reps.  I cringe when I learn that the Club's chairman was invited to attend a meeting of the Trust Board earlier this week but declined to do so because of the presence of a newly nominated member on the Trust Board.  Throwing toys out of the pram does not assist us in our current plight. 

19 hours ago, Binos said:

Montrose are third in league 1

Arbroath are top of the championship 

Since the implementation of the 3 league setup in the mid 70s (and the 4 league system 20 years later) the club have spent over half of that time in the bottom tier.

They are a club playing in the right division - well for now, the Lowland League beckons for such bed blockers.

2 hours ago, drs said:

Since the implementation of the 3 league setup in the mid 70s (and the 4 league system 20 years later) the club have spent over half of that time in the bottom tier.

They are a club playing in the right division - well for now, the Lowland League beckons for such bed blockers.

And they've spent half of that time out of the bottom tier

We have spent a huge amount of time in it recently, which is the issue 

And doesn't look like we're finished yet 

• 2 weeks later...
I can't make it to Forthbank this Saturday so was wondering if Stirling do live streaming? 

Afraid we stopped not long after fans were allowed back in as there simply wasn’t the demand. We do a fantastic highlights package on YouTube though, normally up on Sunday night or Monday.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Afraid we stopped not long after fans were allowed back in as there simply wasn’t the demand. We do a fantastic highlights package on YouTube though, normally up on Sunday night or Monday.

There was definitely still enough demand to continue. I had conversations about doing the platform bit of it.