Stirling Albion Thread

On 03/01/2022 at 15:09, Brian Carrigan said:

Always thought he was a decent player, shame to see he hasn’t worked out with you lot, especially after his stint at Morton didn’t go well. Always wanted to see him at Clyde but for obvious reasons it will likely never happen.

Believe he has now been signed by Elgin. 

13 hours ago, headthebaw said:

More departures with Daniel Scally, Leo Watson and Dylan Bikey all leaving.

This will release funds but I hope Darren Young has some quality players up his sleeve 

What's happened to Bikey? A remember when he first joined you lot he was absolutely rapid and caused all sorts of problems.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

What's happened to Bikey? A remember when he first joined you lot he was absolutely rapid and caused all sorts of problems.

Despite not being a regular first team player he is still very skilful.

I believe he is a bit homesick because his family is in France.

Bit disappointing with the recently departured players. As I said a few posts above, I’m not that bothered about Rabin Omar, we all know there is a good player there as he has done it against us with his previous clubs but we certainly didn’t see anywhere near that during his brief spell with us, however Scally, Watson and Bikey have all shown to be effective players at this level.

I hadn’t heard of Scally before he joined the club, but after a quiet first couple of games, I thought he had something about him and he always looked like he would do something when on the ball and unlock a Defence. I had high hopes that with the right striker in front of him, that he would be a good supplier to them. You get an opportunity like a Full Time move to America and you take it, still disappointing from a clubs perspective but of course you can’t stand in the lad’s way.

Watson was a strange one, obviously drafted in to cover the unexpected departure of Ciaran Summers, but KR never seemed to rate him, despite him being a Scotland under 19 Left Back, KR shifted McGeachie over there to cover when McNiff got injured. The first couple of games Watson played, you could see why, another youngster that seemed to struggle with the jump from youth to adult football. However, probably since KR left actually, Watson has looked like a good young player, especially going forward and seemed to be someone with a bit about him. It was only a Loan deal and maybe Hearts have something else in mind for his development but if there was a chance of him staying then I would have liked to have seen it, was certainly bright in the recent games against Stenny and Kelty.

Bikey, you just can’t legislate for someone being Part Time, a foreigner and wanting to go home, hey I get it, tough one to take again but you’re not going to stand in the his way. I thought the announcement on the website was a nice message and Bikey is obviously a well loved character amongst the club and quite rightly so. Mo83 asks what happened to him, well Dave Mackay once described him as a rough diamond and I think he probably still is. Yeah, he never scored the goals that he got in his first spell but I definitely think he is a better all round player to that one, I just personally feel he never really had the same impact because he never really seemed to fit into KR’s system and was used from the bench a lot. There was obviously the injuries and what have you but I do hope that Bikey can find himself a club in France where he can settle and become loved as much as our support love him. Switching from club to club to club is doing nothing for him, he has ability to be an effective lower league player, all be it rough and still a bit raw, but he’ll do a job for someone, he just needs to settle with a club and a manager that wants to simply let him play.

There are other players in the squad that I would have liked to have seen go before those 3 but I wish them well and thank them for the job they did during there time here, I suppose we just wait with baited breath to find out who the replacements will be as the fans are screaming for someone, preferably a Striker, to come in and really kick start this season……what’s Jordan White up to these days? [emoji23]

Interesting signing Bairn88, obviously a player that I don’t know and I doubt that many Binos will, can you shed some light on the type of player we’re getting??

Going by the Twitter announcement, it looks like a permanent move. Good luck to the lad, we are honestly crying out for a focal point and someone to score goals, we’ve not had that since Andy Ryan left the club and Dylan Mackin has had more than a Pugh opportunity to deliver over the years and has by and large failed to do so.

28 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Interesting signing Bairn88, obviously a player that I don’t know and I doubt that many Binos will, can you shed some light on the type of player we’re getting??

Going by the Twitter announcement, it looks like a permanent move. Good luck to the lad, we are honestly crying out for a focal point and someone to score goals, we’ve not had that since Andy Ryan left the club and Dylan Mackin has had more than a Pugh opportunity to deliver over the years and has by and large failed to do so.

He was played in a couple of positions for us last season, up top and on the wing. Has some pace, but his touch isn't the best. Scored a few for us, which is more than can be said for some of the other "strikers" we've brought in the last 3 years or so. His gtoal v Montrose opening day last seaosn gave me hope he'd be a find but never really kicked on. 

On 12/01/2022 at 10:02, mo83 said:

Never lived up to the promise he showed in his first couple of months when he was so dangerous and had us all excited, but that was 5 years ago. We had him again briefly at the end of that season but he wasn't as threatening. He had a couple of seasons in Cyprus and France, then signed for us again in the Covid ended season, it didn't go so well and it was a surprise that we signed him on again for 2020/21 and for 2021/22. Sentimental memories and vain hopes of him having recovered his attacking threat I suppose. 

7 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Never lived up to the promise he showed in his first couple of months when he was so dangerous and had us all excited, but that was 5 years ago. We had him again briefly at the end of that season but he wasn't as threatening. He had a couple of seasons in Cyprus and France, then signed for us again in the Covid ended season, it didn't go so well and it was a surprise that we signed him on again for 2020/21 and for 2021/22. Sentimental memories and vain hopes of him having recovered his attacking threat I suppose. 

Agree on the whole, however I can’t think of many times since he returned that he was played on the left, which is where we saw him at his best 5 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

Imagine agreeing to join in with that nonsense.

That was really interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

I hope all that went had a good night. I saw there were nearly 40,000 at the game tonight. Won't that double your gate receipts income for the season? If so, you won off the field at least. 

12 hours ago, miketheheadlesschicken said:

Imagine agreeing to join in with that nonsense.

What director of a diddy club will turn down free booze...?

If Edinburgh City ever play Rangers it would be funny to have their directors take part in the ancient (since last week) Edinburgh City ceremony of drinking stewed tea out of a cracked mug with a picture of the Pope on it.