Jump to content

Stirling Albion Thread


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Cheers for the update. You've got some cracking players.

Is the pixellot coverage ok? I watched Elgin coverage with it last season and basically missed a quarter of the game.

Mitch and Harry Milne are still our best players I think personally. Be good to see the new signings.

Pixelott has been fairly good for us. Definitely improved a little since the first few games. Does track the ball without almost an hiccups but saying that it's a single camera angle with no zoom so limited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As posted on the cup thread...

 

Tremendous win for the Beanos today, wee Nathan Flanagan looks a player. Impressed with Omar in midfield too until he tired late on. Marc Laird solid in defensive midfield. Full backs a concern, I think McNiff is better suited in the middle, and Adam Cummins had a torrid debut before being hooked. Hope we also sign another striker, as Dylan Mackin is pretty hopeless as a lone striker up top, zero mobility. 

All in all a good day, 3 points more than I was expecting out of this group already. Nice one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Mitch and Harry Milne are still our best players I think personally. 

Harry Milne was Cove's best player today, I thought, along with Fyvie of course. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Harry Milne was Cove's best player today, I thought, along with Fyvie of course. 

They both played well. Fyvie had two cracking goals.

Flanagan stood out for Stirling and gave Morgyn Neill a torrid time. Turned him completely inside out for both his goals.

Shocked we had 68% possession and more chances. Binos looked good going forward and should be a threat in L2 this season. 

I'd start Bikey ahead of Mackin.

Good win for the Binos and deserved

Edited by CoveRangers1922
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

As posted on the cup thread...

 

Tremendous win for the Beanos today, wee Nathan Flanagan looks a player. Impressed with Omar in midfield too until he tired late on. Marc Laird solid in defensive midfield. Full backs a concern, I think McNiff is better suited in the middle, and Adam Cummins had a torrid debut before being hooked. Hope we also sign another striker, as Dylan Mackin is pretty hopeless as a lone striker up top, zero mobility. 

All in all a good day, 3 points more than I was expecting out of this group already. Nice one. 

We do have another striker.We signed Dale Carrick who was Airdries top goalscorer last season.Other players missing for us yesterday were ,captain  Ross McGeachie ,Kurtis Robert's and ex Alloa midfielder Ray Grant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

From what I saw of Kelty on Friday night, they should walk this league. I reckon we have to be in the mix for a playoff spot though. 

We will certainly be up there but I'd expect you and at least one other from Edin, Stenny and Forfar to be up there.  Great result for you guys!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

We do have another striker.We signed Dale Carrick who was Airdries top goalscorer last season.

Aye I know, but we also lost Andy Ryan to Hamilton after this. Club are looking to bring one in on loan once the group stages of the LC are finished, I believe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

From what I saw of Kelty on Friday night, they should walk this league. I reckon we have to be in the mix for a playoff spot though. 

That’s a bit of a downbeat statement looking at your squad .

Scared of Dougie Hill 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Do we really need one? Carrick, Mackin, Heaver, Bikey. Seems enough for a team playing 1 up front. I thought when we had Ryan that we were too heavy with strikers.

Bikey is more of a winger, Heaver is hopeless, and Mackin looks more unfit than usual. Carrick an unknown quality (for us anyway), but hopefully he'll be the main man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don’t necessarily need another striker if certain players are given a chance and stay fit. Carrick performed well in division above, had plenty of chances in the recent friendly and on another day would have bagged a couple. Heaver hopeless 😂Was brilliant before suddenly finding himself out the fold and behind the largely ineffective strikers last season. Surprised he stayed as he’s far too good to be sitting on the bench. Bikey needs to stay fit as well. Good to have options for wing and up top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

We don’t necessarily need another striker if certain players are given a chance and stay fit. Carrick performed well in division above, had plenty of chances in the recent friendly and on another day would have bagged a couple. Heaver hopeless 😂Was brilliant before suddenly finding himself out the fold and behind the largely ineffective strikers last season. Surprised he stayed as he’s far too good to be sitting on the bench. Bikey needs to stay fit as well. Good to have options for wing and up top. 

You will find Carrick will have to play in a,front 2 or as a no 10, he will get goals , most of which come from him drifting in from the left,     Good all round team player..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, StewartyMac said:

Decent, but you guys should beat us comfortably. 

We’re making hard work of Peterhead here. 63 shots on goal in the first half and 0 goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We’re making hard work of Peterhead here. 63 shots on goal in the first half and 0 goals.

Beat them, and then let us win on Saturday, and everyone will be happy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/07/2021 at 19:50, StewartyMac said:

Bikey is more of a winger, Heaver is hopeless, and Mackin looks more unfit than usual. Carrick an unknown quality (for us anyway), but hopefully he'll be the main man. 

Mackin has all the mobility of a pregnant rhinoceros. 

 

A decent option off the bench if you are a goal down and want to try and snatch something from a set piece or something but never a starter, a modern day Paul Roberts (showing my age here)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...