Jump to content

Stirling Albion Thread


Recommended Posts

Christ that was depressing.  But when I win the EuroMillions on Friday night, a new dawn will begin.


Hate to depress you even more but I think that would that not be impossible due to the constitution and the amount of shareholders. Was that not the problem with the Colin Rowley bud?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/11/2020 at 19:53, BinoBalls said:

While I wouldn't rule out the fact that one bad season could see that happen, I like to think our natural home is in League One as opposed to the Lowland League.

🤣

What a riddy.

Your piss poor club has spent half its life in the Scottish League in the bottom division, you are a bottom tier club. Sooner bed blockers like the Albion are playing their trade in the non-league the better for Scottish football.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A must see for Stirling Albion fans - an hour long discussion with Head of Analysis and Tactical Performance / First Team Coach Bill Orr about the clubs use of data and analysis.
 
Did you know every training session is filmed and analysed, the 7 day working week leading up to a game, the team travel to each game with a portable projector to ensure they can show important information, the half time routine and much more.
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:
A must see for Stirling Albion fans - an hour long discussion with Head of Analysis and Tactical Performance / First Team Coach Bill Orr about the clubs use of data and analysis.
 
Did you know every training session is filmed and analysed, the 7 day working week leading up to a game, the team travel to each game with a portable projector to ensure they can show important information, the half time routine and much more.
 

Really good listen. Thanks for filming and sharing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
A late Xmas present from us all at BRFC- we have been dire


I thought we played well and saw the game out once the 3rd goal went in. I’ve said it a few times now but KR has built a squad that can attack whilst not giving much away and that’s exactly what we did again.

Couldn’t believe how far Berwick have fallen. I know that side under Johnny Harvey was rotten but I thought Ian Little would have made a decent bit of progress by now, but looking at your league position and seeing that today, sadly it doesn’t look like it.

Obviously it’s not relevant for this season, but that aside, have you still been pulling in decent support numbers or have numbers dropped since relegation?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, sammyreidloyal said:

A late Xmas present from us all at BRFC- we have been dire

Can't argue with that. Progressed comfortably without being pushed. I expected a really difficult game, especially given the conditions, but that didn't transpire at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy New Year Binos 

Do any of you guys remember a game on New Year's Day about 30 years ago at Annfield between you and Meadowbank?

The reason I remember it was because it was blowing a hoolie across the ground which meant controlling the ball was impossible as you had the plastic pitch at the time. The Binos got a penalty (dodgy of course) and it was saved by Thistle goalie Jim McQueen. The referee ordered it retaken as the wind had moved the ball. There was some fannying about trying to retake it as the ball kept moving in the wind. I think a wee pile of sand might have eventually been used to stop the ball moving, rugby style. McQueen again saved the penalty, I'm sure it had to be taken once more, saved again, and the ref decided "stuff it" 

Needless to say the game finished 0-0.

I might have bought this mug as a souvenir that day

IMG_20210101_131619821.thumb.jpg.465e39fcc685c68dbd07220facbefdd5.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Happy New Year Binos 

Do any of you guys remember a game on New Year's Day about 30 years ago at Annfield between you and Meadowbank?

The reason I remember it was because it was blowing a hoolie across the ground which meant controlling the ball was impossible as you had the plastic pitch at the time. The Binos got a penalty (dodgy of course) and it was saved by Thistle goalie Jim McQueen. The referee ordered it retaken as the wind had moved the ball. There was some fannying about trying to retake it as the ball kept moving in the wind. I think a wee pile of sand might have eventually been used to stop the ball moving, rugby style. McQueen again saved the penalty, I'm sure it had to be taken once more, saved again, and the ref decided "stuff it" 

Needless to say the game finished 0-0.

I might have bought this mug as a souvenir that day

IMG_20210101_131619821.thumb.jpg.465e39fcc685c68dbd07220facbefdd5.jpg

1 January 1992 the old Division 1 (2nd tier) and our last season  at Annfield, that would explain the commemorative  mug with the Annfield House badge. Meadowbank played the last game there on 2 May and lost 2-0. It was some league - Dundee, Patrick Thistle promoted and  Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Raith, Ayr, Morton.  Meadowbank were also our opponents for the first game at Forthbank on 24 April 1993 and won 3-2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

1 January 1992 the old Division 1 (2nd tier) and our last season  at Annfield, that would explain the commemorative  mug with the Annfield House badge. Meadowbank played the last game there on 2 May and lost 2-0. It was some league - Dundee, Patrick Thistle promoted and  Kilmarnock, Hamilton, Raith, Ayr, Morton.  Meadowbank were also our opponents for the first game at Forthbank on 24 April 1993 and won 3-2. 

I thought Clydebank were our first opponents at Forthbank? 3-2 and Ken Eadie scoring, no? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...