Stirling Albion Thread

After training yesterday, the tractor gate was open and I popped my head in. From my, totally uneducated on turf, option it’s looking really good.

It will do, but that amount of games on a new surface when its still growing will wreck it.

Lets hope it does not get the same amount of use by having 3 teams regularly play on like last season it then it might be in a better condition. Have no problem with the Uni using the ground for their Lowland League games but the fact is Motherwell reserves were using it as well.

Grass pitches can only take so much use before they start to deteriorate.

I see Forthbank is also one of the host venues for the women's under 19 UEFA championships next month, along with McDiarmid Park, Firhill and St Mirren.  
You lot getting any exciting ground improvements out of it?  We're getting the old dugouts ripped out and replaced with a technical area at the front of the Main Stand, hopefully resplendent with big comfy leather chairs with an embroidered St Johnstone badge on, along with some other stuff that I can't remember.

I read that season ticket holders are getting free entry to the games at Forthbank.
That happening at yours?

On 01/07/2019 at 17:16, rhliston said:

Lets hope it does not get the same amount of use by having 3 teams regularly play on like last season it then it might be in a better condition. Have no problem with the Uni using the ground for their Lowland League games but the fact is Motherwell reserves were using it as well.

Grass pitches can only take so much use before they start to deteriorate.

Was it not voted the best playing surface in Scotland

Was it not voted the best playing surface in Scotland

Yes about 2 seasons back it was amongst one of the top playing surfaces but overuse has taken its toll, hopefully since been relaid it will rightfully claim its place as one of the best surfaces.

Have Craig Truesdale and Grant Brennan signed for Stirling? Saw they were playing in your friendly against Raith. 

As has been said above, there has been no official word as yet, but KR was quoted in the Stirling Observer that he wasn’t looking to sign any other players so I suspect they are being looked at for the Development Squad rather than the First Team.

On 06/07/2019 at 00:45, BB_Bino said:

As has been said above, there has been no official word as yet, but KR was quoted in the Stirling Observer that he wasn’t looking to sign any other players so I suspect they are being looked at for the Development Squad rather than the First Team.

If we were running a development squad or reserve team