Stirling Albion Thread

Mackin re-signing is good news, chuffed with that. He worked off scraps last year but he’s good at getting onto things.

Never thought I would see Creaney back at the club and he’s never stood out when we have played Annan, so that’s an interesting one, it would also be interesting to see what Annan fans thought of him and Wilson, and what type of player he is.

At least 1 more to go today, hopefully saving the best until last [emoji1303]

1 minute ago, JakeSAFC said:

Pleased with the resigning of Mackin and pleased with Currie & Wilson.

Just can't quite get my head around James Creaney.

I assume Creaney will be back up to Lowton, I'm sure he's improved since the last time at FB

8 minutes ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I take it Stirling are still trying to sign Kevin nicoll

Hopefully.

Currie will split opinion. He will distribute the ball superbly and will make horrendous mistakes. If you have a strong defence playing high up the pitch he'll be absolutely fine.

Wilson looks a good signing
will see how Currie does at Stirling his record looks good 20 shut outs this season
just don't expect him to come for cross balls
and all this his distribution is great is based on a goal at peterhead plenty of his wonderful kick outs end up out of play anyway good luck to him hope he does well at a Stirling good club and should be in league 1

The 3 times I've seen Annan recently Wilson didn't really stand out to me much. Then again they were playing hoofball for about 250 of the 270 mins I seen them.

Currie will be a solid signing at L2 level, would've kept him in all honesty and not sure David Mitchell is too much of an upgrade for us.

Currie isn't Ederson, so you'd have been as well not signing anyone IMO.

He's an upper-half League Two goalkeeper, all-in, who remains at this level because he has some deficiencies in his game. He's improved a fair bit under Lennon, but still isn't the best at commanding his area or communicating. Quite a small 'keeper, too, and as has been said a fair bit recently he seems to struggle with well-struck shots which bounce right in front of him. His kicking and ability with the ball at feet is tremendous, though, about as good as you can expect at this level. Some of his long kicks went out of play towards the end of this season because he was under instruction to distribute it to the left touchline, but he's pretty accurate up to a right good range.

I reckon Stirling will be right up their this season. Hope they do well next season. 

Currie - I liked the guy. Could improve dealing with crosses or demanding the box but overall a great keeper at this level & his distribution is the best I’ve seen in the lower leagues. The accuracy from his kicks & throws is exceptional. Would love to see the guy with a winners medal this time next year. 

Currie is a really good signing for Stirling. I have to say that I was surprised we let him go. I do think he is good with the ball at his feet and distributes it well. It’s only when he goes long that he tends to find touch. Not as commanding of the box as he could be and prone to some indecision at times but, on the whole, he has done really well for Clyde. 

Cammy Binnie signs on for another year, bit surprised he’s decided to stay, competition between him and Currie to wear the No 1 shirt which is good for the team,

Chuffed that Binnie has decided to stay on, I was unsure if he would or not, but ultimately he’s a good young keeper who still has many years in front of him. I’d still like to see him go on to be a Ross McGeachie type player within the club so hopefully it’ll be another positive season for the lad.

42 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Chuffed that Binnie has decided to stay on, I was unsure if he would or not, but ultimately he’s a good young keeper who still has many years in front of him. I’d still like to see him go on to be a Ross McGeachie type player within the club so hopefully it’ll be another positive season for the lad.

Starting to look like a strong team now.

Wish Blair Currie all the best, he had his moments, but was a big part of our successful season with a lot of games where he made crucial saves (which were often overlooked when he made the odd mistake).

Can't blame him for wanting 1st team football, and reckon he will be a good signing for Stirling.

Starting to look like a strong team now.

Still have to find players in a number of positions like midfield, a couple of wingers maybe another Centre back and a couple of strikers to beef up the squad before I think we have a chance to get out of this League. It’s finding the right players to fill our needs that concerns me.

No doubt KR has his targets he wants to sign and hopefully he gets them. The signs so far are encouraging but we have some way to go before we can say we have a squad strong enough to get out out of the basement.