Stirling Albion Thread

BB 
He almost certainly didn't leave Kelty without having something lined up. 
So it's Stirling or Airdrie that's left. 

Maybe he thought he was going to get the Berwick gig?

Can’t see him getting our job. We need experience.

Which he has. He'd be a far better shout than getting in a terrible old continual failure of a dinosaur like Moore or Duffy.

Which he has. He'd be a far better shout than getting in a terrible old continual failure of a dinosaur like Moore or Duffy.

Yes experience in the Lower Leagues, did a good job with Kelty with its let’s be said a good budget behind him.

Not against him being appointed and if he does get the job wish him well and if he can get as out of the f**king basement League the n great.

BB 
He almost certainly didn't leave Kelty without having something lined up. 
So it's Stirling or Airdrie that's left. 

I’m not doubting that buddy, but what I am doubting is the fact that he’ll pop up as our manager.

I’ll say it again, I have no idea who will get the job and I have no idea who has even applied for the job, but if it was TC then you would thought he’d of been in place for Saturday and the website states that Barr and Co will take the team.

As has been said, he’s obviously been a good manager for the level he has managed at and it could be argued that he deserves a crack further up the ladder, but I’m 99.9% sure it will not be at The Albion.

Just look at the club since the summer months, There appeals to be a broom sweeping people out the door, behind the scenes and with the coaching & playing staff. It’s a new era for the club in more ways than one and once again I’ll say it, I’ll be stunned if a manager with EoS and LL experience was to be the man that our new board will turn to to lead us back to where we believe the belong.

He has no SPFL managerial experience. We’ve gone down that route plenty of times now and it has all ended in failure. We need someone with a bit of experience to get drilled into this squad and get them performing.

1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

He has no SPFL managerial experience. We’ve gone down that route plenty of times now and it has all ended in failure. We need someone with a bit of experience to get drilled into this squad and get them performing.

Of course he doesn't have SPFL experience. 

Neither did most Manager's of the current Dinasaur brigade, full of ex player's who are friends of the Bod at many clubs, Jobs for the boys as they say. 

I hope Stirling get it right, spent a lot of my childhood at Annfield with the old man. 

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:22, Newmember said:

Tam Court's on his way 

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:47, BB_Bino said:

No he’s no!

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:55, Newmember said:

Oh yes he is 

He's behind you! 

Dylan Mackin signs and Kevin Fell is offski. Quite liked Fell, thought he showed potential.

Yes noticed that, wonder who signed him, no manager, interim management team and we sign a player !

Would have thought that we would have waited until the new manager was in the door before any players are signed, is their something happening in the background ? that the fans are not being told about.

4 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Yes noticed that, wonder who signed him, no manager, interim management team and we sign a player !

Would have thought that we would have waited until the new manager was in the door before any players are signed, is their something happening in the background ? that the fans are not being told about.

Could be your new manager has approved the signing just that he's not been announced. Still strange through.

It’s as an amateur until Christmas so it’s very much an extended trial for free, so if the new manager didn’t have a say in the signing and doesn’t fancy him then I suppose it’s no big deal.

COULD just be a player that Barr knows having played against him last season and he’s thought he would be an asset at this level, who knows, I don’t see the problem in it. Dylan Bikey was brought in before Dave Mackay was made manager, hopefully lightening does strike twice[emoji23]

15 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Dylan Mackin signs and Kevin Fell is offski. Quite liked Fell, thought he showed potential.

Mackin left Falkirk after the window shut. I'm unclear on how you are able to play him at first team level before Jan 1st?

12 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It’s as an amateur until Christmas so it’s very much an extended trial for free, so if the new manager didn’t have a say in the signing and doesn’t fancy him then I suppose it’s no big deal.

Even an amateur signed outwith a window, who was registered to another senior team after the window shuts can't play 1st team until Jan 1st (unless there's a relaxation of the rules at League 2 level that they don't allow Championship clubs).

40 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mackin left Falkirk after the window shut. I'm unclear on how you are able to play him at first team level before Jan 1st?

Even an amateur signed outwith a window, who was registered to another senior team after the window shuts can't play 1st team until Jan 1st (unless there's a relaxation of the rules at League 2 level that they don't allow Championship clubs).

Who knows mate, I'd like to think the club checked this before signing him, but then again it wouldn't suprise me if we play him Saturday, win then get chucked out the cup

Must be a rule that isn’t in force at this level mate. League 2 is littered with Free Agents who have signed out with the transfer window. Quite often they have been freed from their club day/weeks before.

An example of this was whenDave Mackay was brought in, during October & November, Blair Henderson left us to sign for Annan, Bryan Hodge was also released and signed for Arbroath straight away and David Verlaque was freed and joined Edinburgh City. Months later (February I think) Moses was released and also joined Edinburgh.