Stirling Albion Thread

On 13/05/2023 at 17:40, unitedbino said:

8 matches against Alloa/Falkirk next season. You love to see it.

It wont take long before you are sick of the rotten Falkirk chat on here... Hope Stirling do well next season, good to see you on the up. 

Wouldn't mind a cheeky offer to Robert Snodgrass as I think he is still without a club since leaving Hearts.

We could use a wide player but not sure how his legs are these days, but surely enough for league 1. Suspect he will have plenty full time Championship offers though 

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

Mark Weir signed up again.

Does that make Danny Denholm the only player released?

I cant think who else we are waiting on, I believe everyone else is announced or already on a 2 year deal 🤔 

Did Kieran Moore sign up again?

1 hour ago, MrBeeno said:

Did Kieran Moore sign up again?

Haven't read about Moore, Dunsmore, Callum Law or Will Greenhorn, but their existing contracts may cover them for next season. Callum Law maybe going to be released now Weir has signed?

3 hours ago, gmca said:

Haven't read about Moore, Dunsmore, Callum Law or Will Greenhorn, but their existing contracts may cover them for next season. Callum Law maybe going to be released now Weir has signed?

Haven't heard about McGregor either?  If not announced as released then quite possible negotiations continue, or offers still under consideration.  Goalkeepers get injured too and you don't want to risk being left with no back up, so not convinced Weir signing equates with Law possibly going gmca.

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Haven't heard about McGregor either?  If not announced as released then quite possible negotiations continue, or offers still under consideration.  Goalkeepers get injured too and you don't want to risk being left with no back up, so not convinced Weir signing equates with Law possibly going gmca.

McGregor signed a 2 year deal last summer mate

6 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Hope you're right WC. Would be sorry to see a young goalie at the start of his career being released.

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Thanks BB Bino. Good news for me. Jo Jo has been damned good on his return to the first team. The best I've ever seen him even.

Have to agree mate, think he's maybe starting to mature as a player now as well, we didn't see the rashness with him that we had done in previous seasons. Jojo is my type of Defender, no-nonsense and whole hearted. I hope he is around for a few years yet and you get the impression he is happy at the club.

2 hours ago, gmca said:

Hope you're right WC. Would be sorry to see a young goalie at the start of his career being released.

Again, I would have to agree. In the odd appearance he has had for the First Team, I think he looks good as well, certainly with the ball at his feet, which is obviously a big part of being a modern keeper. I hope, he stays, maybe has a season out on loan rather than  a couple of months like this season, and then comes back for next year ready to really push Currie in his final year.......but suspect at 21 years old, he's probably at that time now where he is looking at options and levels for First Team football, so wouldn't be surprised if he decided to a Benburb type side permanently, suppose time will tell. 

3 hours ago, gmca said:

I hope so too.  Opinions can turn out to be valid, or make you wish you'd binned your keyboard.

Fans are obviously free to vote however they like, but I would strongly encourage others to vote against. I know some might feel it doesn't affect us much, but besides our greater duty to Scottish football, the introduction of colt teams won't stop with this new 'Conference League.' You can guarantee that before too long there will be a proposal to push these teams into the top four leagues, and then it very much affects us. 

If Celtic/Rangers truly had the development of Scottish talent in mind, they'd be playing kids in these dead rubber games at the end of this season (Postecoglou still playing team full of internationals in meaningless games). They are trying to dupe us all. Don't fall for it.

Only those Old Firm wankers would propose a tier 5 of only 10 clubs, with the majority of the Lowland and Highland leagues punted down a tier and try to present it as "progress."  

It isn't, it's pure self interested EVIL, as is every and any thing they've foisted on Scottish football ever.  Give them and their bribes the message they should have been given long ago.   BUGGER OFF!

On 25/05/2023 at 22:33, gmca said:

Moore, Dunsmore and Law signed for next season according to the Observer. Gives us a squad of 17 at the moment. Would imagine we'll be looking to add another 3 or 4 including loans.

I do miss a decent club statement. I realise the season isn’t long finished but would have been good to have an update on players under contract, who had been offered fresh terms and who was leaving. Is Denholm the only one who has left? Maybe that’s why there hasn’t been an update. 

Hopefully get a wee update soon on the conference vote and reasoning behind it, season tickets, pre-season plans etc. 

2 hours ago, gmca said:

Moore, Dunsmore and Law signed for next season according to the Observer. Gives us a squad of 17 at the moment. Would imagine we'll be looking to add another 3 or 4 including loans.

Good news but interesting that we will be going with 3 Keepers next season, or will the intention be to loan Law out again? Noticed he spent the last couple of months at Benburb. Moore and Dunsmore have had really good spells at the club so I'm happy to see them back. Moore has that pace, determination and versatility that any squad needs. In the last few weeks of the season, Darren Young did say a few times that he was only looking at 3 or 4 players, so seems to be the case.

1 hour ago, dave_binos said:

I do miss a decent club statement. I realise the season isn’t long finished but would have been good to have an update on players under contract, who had been offered fresh terms and who was leaving. Is Denholm the only one who has left? Maybe that’s why there hasn’t been an update. 

Hopefully get a wee update soon on the conference vote and reasoning behind it, season tickets, pre-season plans etc. 

As do I Dave, but I'm sure I read somewhere (a Trust email maybe??) that the website was undergoing a revamp so this might explain that. Always good to have a wee update, especially when it comes to Season Ticket information and Squad updates.

It seems like ages since we won the league but I guess it isn't even June yet. Be nice to get an update i agree.

Can't complain about the resignings.

However, I'd rather be going into next season feeling we were stronger in a  few positions than basically having last season's team.