Stirling Albion Thread

The weather forecasts keep changing, so not sure what to expect tomorrow.  At first it was a prediction of snow followed by a deep freeze, but that seems to have been knocked back to Tuesday now.  Hope then that most games will be on tomorrow.  Something very snowy and cold on the way soon though, unless the meteorologists are way out in predictions.

17 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

The weather forecasts keep changing, so not sure what to expect tomorrow.  At first it was a prediction of snow followed by a deep freeze, but that seems to have been knocked back to Tuesday now.  Hope then that most games will be on tomorrow.  Something very snowy and cold on the way soon though, unless the meteorologists are way out in predictions.

There is a pitch inspection planned at Bonnyrigg tomorrow morning. It's been dry and breezy here today but it'll depend what happens overnight I guess.

15 minutes ago, Gimme said:

There is a pitch inspection planned at Bonnyrigg tomorrow morning. It's been dry and breezy here today but it'll depend what happens overnight I guess.

Maybe the pitch slope all the arseholes keep slagging Rose over will help water drain off it?  Never had anything but a tough contest with Rose and don't expect tomorrow to be any different if it's on.

• 3 weeks later...

The news has been confirmed on our social media channels, what a kick in the bollocks that is. It was evident early on that Kai was playing below the level that he could, but when you are going for promotion, you just keep your fingers crossed that the loaning club think "leave him where he is, he's playing games and enjoying it" and even though United gave us this assurance a few weeks ago, it looks like something has changed.

Wish Kai the best of luck for his future, but it's safe to say that the news makes us weaker.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The news has been confirmed on our social media channels, what a kick in the bollocks that is. It was evident early on that Kai was playing below the level that he could, but when you are going for promotion, you just keep your fingers crossed that the loaning club think "leave him where he is, he's playing games and enjoying it" and even though United gave us this assurance a few weeks ago, it looks like something has changed.

Wish Kai the best of luck for his future, but it's safe to say that the news makes us weaker.

Well, the transfer window is now closed, so the loan market is the only option for a replacement.  I've no idea if there's cause for hope there. The campaign has just got tougher for now.

1 minute ago, WC Boggs said:

True, but people don't tend to get released in January for demonstrating good form.

They don’t, but it doesn’t mean a good player for this level, who’s playing higher up the chain, hasn’t asked to be released due to lack of game time. Either way, I think you’ll be onto plums trying to get someone as effective as Fotheringham.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

They don’t, but it doesn’t mean a good player for this level, who’s playing higher up the chain, hasn’t asked to be released due to lack of game time. Either way, I think you’ll be onto plums trying to get someone as effective as Fotheringham.

Just took one in the plums.

Fotheringham is a huge loss but I felt in recent games that teams kind of had him worked out to some extent.  Whenever he had the ball he inevitably found himself facing 3 defenders.  Sadly we are/were unable to exploit the additional freedom. So I'm kind of hoping that greig Spence will pose a different challenge to opposition defences. Probably clutching at straws right enough. It's particularly galling to have the loan rescinded just after we'd managed to agree an extension. I know he's Dundee United's player but it leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth. 

Good luck to Kai though.  Looks a really good prospect and I hope he carves out a decent career for himself in the game.  Seemed a nice laddie too.

Edited by TheVoiceofReason
Typos